A world-class supplier of technologically-advanced mine drilling operations is looking for a Workshop Manager that has a strong quality and ISO background, ready to hit the ground running.
Primary purpose: To manage the workshop operations in terms of machine rebuilds, new machine assembly, services and major component repairs for South Africa and to co-ordinate all technical training and operations of Exploration/Drills and mining equipment. Provide and assist with technical and training input to Field Service Technicians as well as Branch Managers.
Travel requirements: None
Job description / core competencies:
- Strong quality and ISO background
- Artisan and workshop planning;
- Heavy industry and personnel management;
- Field services management, maintenance planning and scheduling;
- High attention to detail and high compliance;
- Specialist profile.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Trade Test (Fitter/Turner)
- Minimum of 5 years’ Mining Industry technical experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Own transport / valid driver’s license
- Time management skills
- Excellent sales ability
- Mining principals
- Product knowledge
- Strong technical capability
- Project planning
Our client is a company on the move. Fairly recently listed on the stock exchange; a highly specialised, dynamic, niche contracting firm. In-house design, engineering, manufacturing, customisation, maintenance support and tailored solutions for drilling activities. Provide complete project-management expertise from exploration-stage drilling, capital project-stage through to production. With offices and Engineering facilities internationally: Africa, South America, North America, Europe and Asia. Great for international travel to explore new countries and huge growth opportunities.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partners: Engineer Placements and MCHIR.