Our client, a specialist in the design, fabrication, installation and commissioning of specialist processing plants within the dairy, food, drink and pharmaceuticals industries, is looking for a Working Site Supervisor with extensive, hands-on dairy, food, beverage or pharmaceutical experience.
The individual must have a trade qualification as either a Welder or Pipe Fitter and extensive working experience in the dairy, food, beverage or pharmaceutical. The individual must be quality and delivery-focused.
Responsibilities will include applying his trade, supervising and coordinating activities of other Artisans on site, applying knowledge of process plant and hygienic design to the installation process, rigging, levelling and installation of equipment, hygienic pipe fitting and welding.
The ideal incumbent will have 8 years trade experience, 4 years in a supervisory role, within either the dairy of FMCG arena and must be willing to work in Africa.
- Applying his or her trade to a high quality of workmanship.
- Taking weekly / fortnightly instructions from the Site Manager and implementing the instructions onsite with his team.
- On-site design and interpretation of drawings.
- The-day-to day safe and efficient running of the site.
- Smooth progression of projects throughout site.
- Quality control and supervising on plants from assembling to installation on site.
- Day-to-day client liaison and management.
- Ensure equipment is fabricated, installed and commissioned and the project is expedited in the most cost effective timely manner whilst ensuring the highest standard of quality in delivery.
- Assistance with regards to the following:
- Rigging and Levelling of Vessel, Tanks Pumps and Equipment
- Pipe Fitting and /or Welding of both Schedule and Dairy Tubing (including hygienic pipework, compressed air, steam and condensate pipework, etc).
- Inspect, examine and test installed systems equipment and pipework.
- Interoperate and implement installation based on detailed design provided by the site manager.
- Install and fabricate equipment in accordance with hygienic principles.
- Modify, clean and maintain systems, units, fittings and related equipment.
- Inspect equipment and systems to identify the cause of errors, other problems or defects.
- Analyse information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Identify the underlying principles, reasons or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Service, repair, adjust and test machines, devices, moving parts and equipment.
- Liaise with the site managers to ensure successful project delivery.
- Commission and validate the equipment installed.
- Provide operator training on the equipment.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
Knowledge, Experience, Education:
- Trade Test.
- 8 years’ experience in a dairy/food, beverage, pharma or FMCG environment.
- 4 years’ experience in a supervisory role in dairy/FMCG environment.
- Knowledge of trade related machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Knowledge of a manufacturing process relevant to the industry
- Knowledge of hygienic design and installation principle
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures.
- Knowledge of HSEQ, ISO’s.
- Installing equipment and pipework in accordance with the relevant specifications.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Understand equipment commissioning requirements.
- Provide operator training and after project support on the equipment.
Our client is a preferred supplier of specialised quality processing solutions offering their clients in dairy, food, drink and pharmaceuticals and other specialised process industries a solutions-directed service, often providing turn-key “packages” in southern Africa and the Indian Ocean islands. Where possible, plants are manufactured and tested in-house aiming to ensure the shortest on-site assembly.
They have a proven record of competence having successfully designed, manufactured, installed and commissioned process solutions including (but not limited to) sugar dissolving plants, sauce manufacturing plants, dairies, breweries, concentrate plants, margarine plants, containerised and mobile emulsion mixing plants, train washing plant, etc.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.