Join one of the biggest underground mines in the world. Our client is looking for a Vertical Shaft Engineer (Mechanical) that has suitable vertical shaft infrastructure experience including winders, skips, pumps, etc. along with a GCC. Salary offered is in the region of about USD 8000-10000 per month and it is a permanent role.
Reports to: Operations Manager.
Travel requirements: Roster negotiable
Job description / core competencies:
- Safe installation and proper operation, running and maintenance of all machinery in area of responsibility and enforcing health and safety.
- Area of responsibility includes underground and surface area (offices and change houses), surface main fans, man & rock winders, ground plant, pump stations, conveyor belt, locos, loaders, surface and underground workshops, battery bays, air, water and electrical reticulation.
- Responsible for the underground project, including shaft sinking, surface infrastructure and trackless mobile machinery fleet. Involved in the works and overseeing project contractors.
- The development of local talent.
Country: DRC (Democratic Republic of Congo)
Location: Kibali. North-East DRC
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Approx. 10 to 20 years’ Vertical Shaft Engineer experience (Mechanical) including relevant shaft infrastructure and winder experience.
- Must have a mechanical engineering background with solid vertical shaft experience, including winders, skips, pumps, etc.
- Extensive, multiple years of experience in safe installation and proper operation, running and maintenance of all machinery in his/her area of responsibility and enforcing health and safety.
One of the biggest underground mines in the world.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partners: Engineer Placements and MCHIR.