If you are a designer with an interest in gamification; an inquisitive and creative all-rounder who is as at home with UI design, UX process flow and graphic design then this is a role for you.
In this role you will conceptualise, create and implement digital and print campaigns and apply gamification principles across websites and mobile applications. You will be doing both retrofitting of gamification (applying it to existing systems) as well as designing new ones from scratch. Typically, you will need to have gamification experience and credentials (e.g. reward systems, virtual economies, challenge design). In addition, you will need the UX know-how to be able to understand a technical spec and break down complex concepts into easy-to-use process flows within their UI designs.
The ideal incumbent will have extensive experience with Adobe programmes, Mac OS, Illustration skills (vector & 3D), graphic design, print and digital and mobile skills (channel agnostic) with a relevant Degree or Diploma and 5 years + extensive design and development experience.
Primary purpose: Collaborate with product owners, developers and marketing to define and deliver the best possible experience for the user.
Job description / core competencies:
- Communicate design ideas to stakeholders, developers and product owners through task flow diagrams, user journeys/scenarios, as well as low and high-fidelity wireframes and mock-ups.
- Work with development teams to execute best design solutions within technology constraints.
- Determine user needs by conducting user interviews with real users.
- Facilitate usability testing and evaluate user feedback to further improve the concept or existing products.
- Ability to actively listen and extract relevant, key information from stakeholders and execute according to brief.
Location (country, city): Newtown, Johannesburg Central
Job Qualification & Experience:
5 years + extensive design and development.
Relevant creative/technical degree or diploma.
- Strong conceptual design and research skills, with an extensive body of work to showcase.
- Strong understanding of design principles.
- Understanding of web, desktop and mobile usability principles.
- Working within the company parameters.
- Broad understanding of internet related technologies and standards.
- Good knowledge of web development and CMS packages.
- Strong computer skills – keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Contributing to brainstorming sessions.
- Creativity and originality.
- Passion for learning.
Must have skills
- Graphic design.
- Print, digital and mobile skills (channel agnostic).
- Illustration skills (vector & 3D).
- Extensive experience with Adobe programmes:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe XD
- Adobe Muse
- Adobe After Effects
- Mac OS
- Ability to work well in a team, as well are share knowledge.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Able to take direction, as well as motivate own design choices.
- Self-motivated and shows initiative.
- Able to work responsibly when unsupervised.
- Good communication skills.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
UX/UI Digital Designer/Developer, Newtown, Johannesburg Central – Ref: 1151061-2
UX/UI Digital Designer/Developer
To view our other job listings, click here