The TS Implementation Engineer (L4) / Technical Lead is involved in highly complex environments for installation, configuration, and fault management. They provide technical support to clients. This includes remotely supporting clients within Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to install and configure software and hardware, resolve incidents, perform root cause analysis and adhere to any related processes such as change management. They are also required to provide technical leadership to the team supporting client installations.
Type: 6 Month Contract
Responsible for setup and installation of technical systems, applications, or process designs for clients purchased or outsourced technology and business process solutions. Works directly with client to manage initial access, map and transfer data, create process documentation, and train or coordinate training for client users. Tests and troubleshoots functionality of installed systems; identifies and documents technical issues to be escalated to product and system integration teams for resolution. Provides feedback based on client experiences to product and professional services teams for product and process improvements. May work directly with clients on-site or provide installation support remotely.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Interact with clients on site to meet more complex requirements of a solution.
- Escalate unresolved problems and issues to the relevant third parties.
- Delegates lower complexity tasks to Engineers and Technicians.
- Assume responsibility for the co-ordination of the activities of the Engineers, in line with performance targets, leading by example and monitoring the quality of Engineer’s and Technician’s work when required.
- Write reports and proposals and complete and maintain project documentation.
- Assist with the documentation of standard operating procedures relating to installations and fixes.
- Act as coach and mentor to more junior Implementation Engineers and Technicians.
- Assume responsibility for the co-ordination of the activities of the Engineers, in line with performance targets.
- May be required to serve periodically on the customer service desk, providing third line telephonic, remote and on-site support and problem management.
- Included in complex design work, with input to the design expected.
- Expected to take ownership of relevant technologies according to domain or specialization.
Location (country, city): Johannesburg, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
Academic Qualifications and Certifications:
- Computer Science / Information Technology Degree or equivalent together with specialised training in new technologies and legacy systems or equivalent
- Project management certification
- Extensive work experience in a technical implementation engineering or similar role
- Experience engaging with clients and conducting presentations
- Excellent project administration and documentation experience
- Report writing experience
- Good project management experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Deep understanding and appreciation of technical design and business principles
- Demonstrates solid project management and administration ability
- Sound project skills which are demonstrated in the execution of installations and other assignments
- Demonstrate customer engagement skills
- Demonstrate relevant domain specialist knowledge
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Client focused and displayed a proactive approach to solving problems
- Ability to coach, mentor and provide guidance to team members
- Excellent understanding of project management principles
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
TS Implementation Engineer (L4) / Tech Lead (6-Month Contract) – Johannesburg, Gauteng – Ref: 1215020-6
TS Implementation Engineer
To view our other job listings, click here