Toolmakers required for skin panels for the automotive industry. Requires 5 years of experience in the automotive (A-class surface) press shop environment.
Position reports to: Toolroom Manager
Type: Permanent Position
Help South Africa remain competitive globally with the next generation of vehicles.
Play your part as a “Skilled Toolmaker” in their new stamping plant, for the pressing of body panels. The new line has been upgraded to produce a single model on a single line which will have the capacity of producing hundreds of thousands of vehicles both at an improved level of quality and reduced cost per unit manufactured, refining the just-in-time parts supply process. >85% in the body shop is automated.
Our client offers a highly competitive salary and benefits.
Their manufacturing team enables their plants and facilities to produce world-class products for customers around the world. They also ensure flawless and efficient assembly of vehicles and components as well as production tooling, design and installation. Their employees are the driving force behind their success.
Location (country, city): Pretoria, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
Performance measures/ success criteria:
- Stamping production rate.
- First time through part acceptance.
- Mean time to repair.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Fundamental working knowledge of automotive press die forming in a production environment.
- Ability to work any shift as well as rotating shifts and weekends.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership behaviors.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- Knowledge of CAD Software. Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Knowledge of constraint management principles.
Qualifications and experience:
- Willingness and ability to work on an assigned schedule, change shifts periodically, work more than 8 hours per day and/or work overtime, while maintaining good attendance. Ability and willingness to learn and follow safety rules and procedures.
- Qualified individuals will possess knowledge and work experience in the following areas, which represent some of the critical aspects of the Die Maker trade
- Extensive die maintenance such as rebuilding die sections, retiming pads and forms and engineering changes on large body class A dies; set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines and grinders to cut, bore, grind or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes. Read process sheets, PM instructions, work orders. Identify to root cause die downtime with resolutions. Past experience with launching and try-out of large body dies advantageous.
- Toolmaker trade certificate with at least 3 to 5 years experience in Automotive stamping plant. (Over 2 models experience, 1 launch)
- N4 plus trade certificate
- Ideally 3 years’ experience with A class surface dies.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills (Word/Excel/Outlook)
OEM producing world-class products for customers around the world.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Toolmakers for Automotive (OEM) Pres Shop – Pretoria – Ref: 1171485
Toolmakers for Automotive (OEM) Press Shop
To view our other job listings, click here.