Our client currently has an opportunity for a Technician in their Packaged Gas Engineering department in Port Elizabeth, reporting to the Engineering Supervisor.
The ideal incumbent will be a qualified Millwright with a gas installation accreditation. Cryogenic gas experience is essential.
The Technician will be responsible for the performance of required installations and maintenance activities on the Port Elizabeth operational sites effectively, efficiently and safely.
Key areas of responsibility for this role which include but are not limited to:
1. Performance of planned & unplanned maintenance activities as directed;
2. Assisting with and performance of identified project activities as directed;
3. Reporting on maintenance, project & safety activities performed;
4. Compliance to required safety systems and protocols.
Location (country, city): Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
Job Qualification & Experience:
1. A Matric certificate with Maths and Science;
2. An NTC 2-4 or equivalent;
3. Must be a Red Seal Trade Tested Artisan (Electro-Mechanician/Millwright);
4. A valid, unendorsed code 08 driver’s licence;
5. Must be a registered and valid Gas Practitioner with SACGA;
6. A minimum of 5 years of mechanical maintenance work experience;
7. Must have good verbal and written communication skills;
8. Must be computer literate and proficient in the MS Office Suite;
9. Must be willing to work shifts and overtime as and when required;
10. Must be willing to be on standby on weekends and public holidays;
11. Must be willing to travel extensively as and when required;
12. Medically fit to work at heights.
Large supplier of specialty gases
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR
Technician with Gas Installation Accreditation, Port Elizabeth – Ref: 1087878-8
Technician with Gas Installation
To view our other job listings, click here.