Bring your relevant degree and and experience and help facilitate the training of Apprentices for the Plastics Occupational Qualification which includes classroom-based, workshop-based, and on-the-job training related to the plastics manufacturing processes.
Job description / core competencies:
- Responsible for training the plastics processing apprentices
- Plan and develop training calendar including on-the-job-training
- Develop and review training material and documents
- Plan, develop and implement lesson plans
- Coordinate and conduct facilitation for apprentices
- Prepare classrooms and workshop for training
- Provide training on key practical and personal skills
- Give theory lessons in plastic processing, material science, etc.
- Plan and prepare apprentices for assessments as required
- Monthly reporting on programme progress, competency evaluations and feedback
- Ensure all safety aspects are adhered to
- Responsible for the availability and maintenance of all machines and equipment
- Manage and monitor Apprentices logbook
- Maintain regular communication with the Plant
Location (country, city): Lanseria, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Completed plastic processing apprenticeship program and 3 or more years of work experience in related field
- Experience in Extrusion Blow Moulding or Injection Moulding
- Trade qualification with related knowledge and practical experience in the Plastics Manufacturing Industry.
- Minimum 2-5 years’ work experience
- Understanding of MerSETA and QCTO processes
- Trainer and assessor experience will be an added advantage.
- Highly motivated to work with young people
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven track of leading people
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
Global leader in the plastic packaging solutions industry.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Technical Trainer – Plastics, Lanseria – Ref: 1026839-156
To view our other job listings, click here