My client is a highly respected organisation within South Africa and London. They use their expertise to develop the most advanced, accurate and reliable golf tracking system in the world.
They not only excel in their specialised hardware, but they also provide the best user experience possible through its interactive app and in-bay displays.
They are currently looking to recruit a Technical Support Technician to work after hours and weekends. The successful candidate will ideally start on or before the 1st of January 2023.
Travel requirements: Travel to local and international sites may be required on an ad hoc basis.
As a support technician, you will be monitoring and maintaining the computer systems and networks for our Inrange sites Worldwide in a technical support role. If there are any issues or upgrades required, such as machines going offline, network and internet issues or software upgrades, you will be the first line support.
Tasks may include assisting ranges, virtually replacing touchscreens, and configuring.
Managing software and other computer systems, diagnosing what could possibly be wrong, problem-solving technical problems over the phone or through video calls and afterwards loading issues onto our helpdesk platform.
Our clients rely on the system running efficiently with maximum uptime and minimum time taken to resolve any issues. Your role as first line technical support is vital to ensure the operational efficiency of our client sites.
Job description / core competencies:
Working with clients/colleagues to identify technical problems and advising on the solution.
Logging and keeping records of client/colleague queries.
Updating our online support documents so colleagues can troubleshoot any problems.
Testing and fixing faulty equipment through basic troubleshooting.
Dealing with daily customer issues appropriately.
Working out of office hours daily and minimum of two weekends a month.
Location (country, city): Somerset-West, Cape Town
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Good grades in English, Math and IT or Science.
- Minimum of 2-3 years working experience.
- An additional computing course: BTEC, National Certificate, Diploma or equivalent.
- Independent problem solver and analytical thinker.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Dependable, responsible and collaborative.
- Supportive team player.
- Fast learner.
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate initiative.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to explain your approach and the process you follow.
- Excitement about technology.
- Good understanding and being comfortable working on computers (Windows, Linux & Android operating system, Google).
Beneficial technical experience:
General understanding of network environments (WAN/LAN)
A good understanding of network infrastructure
- Wifi AP’s
- Able to work well in a team as well as individually.
- Able to accurately plan and prioritize work.
- Excited about learning, pushing technical limits and finding new solutions.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Being able to communicate with clients in a professional manner.
- Worked in a technical support environment before.
- Being involved in testing scenarios for software before release.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Technical Support Technician – After Hours – Somerset-West, Cape Town – Ref: 1089958-14
Technical Support Technician
To view our other job listings, click here