We are looking for a TOP achiever to direct the sales, sales pipeline and process development / process solutions in the mining & mineral processing market and to expand the customer base in the marketing area and the achievement of capital equipment sales.
Reports to: Sales Manager
Role of department: Studies the market and the target customers, decides the best way to reach these customers and then works with the rest of the applicable departments to ensure successful outcomes of potential sales opportunities. Overall management of the sales process of the department.
Dimensions: Globally working within the Mining & Mineral Processing market and Engineering House environment.
- To direct the sales, sales pipeline and process development of process solutions in the Mining & Mineral Processing market.
- To expand the customer base in the marketing area and the achievement of capital equipment sales.
- Achieve of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values.
- Maintain the maximum number of high probability prospects and developing a robust sales pipeline in capital equipment.
- Confer with existing / potential customers, industry bodies and other relevant individuals / organisations to identify needs and match these to company capabilities.
- Manage opportunities for equipment from initial concept, through to the successful order and installation.
- Generate new prospects through marketing, presentations and networking activity.
- Develop and match equipment / process technologies to provide value adding solutions.
- Customer relationship and prospect management, including updating and use of prospect management tools, customer visits.
- Create and conduct marketing and proposal presentations.
- Equipment selection and sizing and determining of scope of supply.
- Doing costing, determining margin, preparing pricing and pricing schedules.
- Provide timely, accurate, competitive proposals on all enquiries, while striving to maintain optimum profit margin.
- Maintain accurate records of all internal and external correspondence, pricings, offers and activity reports.
- Effective hand-over of capital equipment orders to Project Management.
- Maintaining detailed knowledge of the company’s products and/or services.
- Maintain and improve sales, market and competitor knowledge.
- Ensure that all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding capital equipment sales.
- Submitting weekly/monthly activity reports to department Manager.
- Accurately update prospect list weekly.
- Facilitating test work and liaising with Engineering Department on client requirements and test results.
- Handover of test results with alternative solutions (if need be) to customers.
- Use of standard office equipment.
- Use of Microsoft Office packages for: e-mail correspondence, electronic calendar; producing documents; compiling statistics, spreadsheets (financial and other), databases; presentations, producing plant flow diagrams.
- Web front interface with Intranet and Internet.
- AggFlow and Limn Simulation Software for: developing new process flow diagrams, confirm mass balance calculations and confirmation of customer beneficiation systems.
- Setting of budgets.
- Developing market strategies and sales plans.
- Reaching targets (maintain active prospect list).
- Product knowledge.
- Client visits.
- Submitting monthly activities report and quarterly plan updates to department management.
- Managing opportunities and updating progress on Master Project List weekly.
- Attending general monthly sales department meeting.
- Attending technical / working group as required.
- Provide training and support material to support sales staff.
- Follow procedures which may be required for any counselling/ disciplinary measures.
- Identify and assist in development of policies required by Sales Department.
- Set out procurement processes / standards.
- Establish pricing guidelines.
- Establish quality standards for company products and reporting of non-conformances.
- Following procedures and processes dictated by ISO processes and copmany procedures.
Limits of authority/responsibility:
- Adhering to the ‘Limits of Authority’ in terms of signing documents and committing the company to risk – *refer to ‘Limits of Authority’ procedure.
- Dealing with general enquiries, deciding when to refer up.
Communication and working relationships:
- All contributing company departments. All staff as required, across the organisation, at all levels. Senior and Executive Management.
- Customers and their representatives, public, related industry organisations (e.g. relevant industry and market institutes and research organisations, suppliers), business and technology partners.
- Tact and diplomacy are required at all times when dealing with confidential matters and staff issues/ concerns.
Working conditions and environment:
- Standard office environment.
- Customer operation environments.
- Working across all sites/ departments.
- Travelling is required (local and international).
- On-site demonstrations/evaluations of machinery and products.
- Sampling and handling of material samples.
- Handling of testing equipment.
- Supporting team with a variety and continually changing workload, tasks and projects.
- Working to deadlines.
- Unpredictable demands of the job and interruptions.
- Concentration required for reviewing documents and submitting accurate reports/ proposals/ tenders.
- Mentoring and coaching staff.
- Exposure to confidential information at a management level.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
30-40% technical background, 60-70% sales experience.
Sales experience needs to be in capital/process equipment.
Tertiary degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
Needs to have 70% of the key responsibilities as listed on the job description.
- Degree / diploma in suitably relevant technical discipline (Degree in Extraction Metallurgy will be beneficial)
- Minimum of 3 years Sales/ Marketing Experience
- Technical aptitude
- Business and sales principals
- Knowledge of the Mining & Minerals processing industry and market (beneficial)
- Knowledge of Project Management (beneficial)
- Excellent Budget skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure
- Own transport / valid driver’s license
- Time management skills
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Inter-personal skills
- Stress management
A leading comminution and separation / sorting technology provider. They have extensive process and engineering expertise for each application, integrating products into the plant and then providing on-going process optimisation to lower the cost of ownership. These applications include crushing, briquetting and compaction, separation and sorting feeders, drying, recycling and tube-cleaning systems
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR
Technical Sales Specialist – Engineering Houses, Spartan (R751 000 – R850 000, per annum) – Ref: 1026839-46
Technical Sales Specialist
To view our other job listings, click here.