Our client is an international chemical sales company. They require a Technical Sales Representative, willing to travel an able to work in physically-challenging industries to meet customer expectations, sustainably grow and nurture existing accounts and expand and retain new business to grow sales and profit margins.
The successful incumbent will hold a formal qualification in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Water Care and a minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in the water treatment and process industry. Experience in polymer application to solid/liquid separation will be an advantage.
Applicants must have done all of the following to be considered: Have dealt with power cooling systems and influent clarification; written service reports and discussed them in-depth with the customer; done internal service inspections of related equipment at customers’ sites.
Job description / core competencies:
The incumbent will be responsible for the following inter alia:
- Management of accounts – Ensure sustainability and growth of a specific account/accounts by conducting the following activities in accordance with ‘The Company Way’.
- Sales development into target market – Retain and expand business to grow sales and profit margins to achieve business objectives.
- Technical services – Ensure existing applications and equipment are maintained and technical services are performed to ensure optimal performance.
- Marketing support – Ensure that the sales efforts are aligned with company marketing strategy.
- SHERQ management – Maintain and improve SHERQ performance to deliver targeted sales at the lowest possible risk to the company.
- Continuous improvement and project management support – Support the Account Manager in managing and implementing continuous improvements and projects.
- Accurate chemical application to cooling water systems, liquid solid separation, boiler water systems and other chemical application as required.
- Laboratory and on-site chemical evaluation related to chemical performance in water systems and liquid solid separation.
- Accurate interpretation of water chemistry related to chemical application.
- 100% continuity of chemical supply, inclusive of deliveries and housekeeping.
- Strict adherence/compliance with customer standards/required results, chemical and plant-related.
- Accurate budget and general administration.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- A Diploma/BSc degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Water Care qualification is required.
- Suitable applicants must have a minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in the water treatment and process industry. Experience in polymer application to solid/liquid separation will be an advantage.
- Applicants must have done all of the following to be considered:
1) Have dealt with power cooling systems and influent clarification;
2) Have written service reports and discussed them in-depth with the customer;
3) Have done internal service inspections of related equipment at customers’ sites.
- A driver’s licence, computer literacy, proficiency in Microsoft packages and understanding of business systems is a necessity.
- The successful candidate will be a people-person, practically-orientated, able to handle pressure, a problem solver and a team member who is self-motivated. They must be able to communicate at all levels, be organized and self disciplined.
- They must be prepared to travel and must be physically fit and able to work in industries that are physically-challenging to operate on to meet all customer expectations. The career is challenging with great prospects for growth.
An international chemical sales company.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Technical Sales Representative (Water), Durban – Ref: 1084814-2
Technical Sales Representative
To view our other job listings, click here.