Ref: Ref: 692068-4
Our client, a well-established industry leader in the design a specialist design, supply, fabrication, installation and commissioning of specialist processing plants within the dairy, food, drink and pharmaceuticals industries, is looking for a technically-astute Sales Engineer with experience in hygienic pumps, valves and fittings to grow and support their specialist components division.
The candidate will be responsible for marketing, sales and promotions of specialist process equipment direct the both the end-user and process engineering contractors as well as providing aftermarket support.
The ideal incumbent will have high energy levels and will be a results-driven extrovert, passionate about providing engineering solutions with 7 years’ experience, 5 years in direct sales with a suitable Engineering Trade, Diploma or Degree.
- Promoting and selling of specialist process components including tube, fittings, valves, pumps, etc.
- Costing of design, installation, servicing and maintenance.
- Provide technical back up and service to clients.
- Business development including cold calling, relationship development for new clients.
- Reporting to the Managing Director, providing costing sheets, sales projections and quotes.
- Contacting potential clients and setting up meetings or site visits.
- Meeting potential clients and presenting them with products and capabilities.
- Visiting sites of potential clients in order to assess the potential for the implementation / solution.
- Developing long-term relationships with clients through managing and interpreting their requirements.
- Negotiate tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs.
Job description / core competencies
- Meet the budget set for the territory serviced.
- Increase sales of full range of full product portfolio.
- Increase process engineering services offered to customers making the branch a solutions provider rather than a seller of products.
- Service existing clients and develop new business.
- Provide technical assistance and aftersales service to clients.
- Propose the various company products on various applications.
- Proactive in seeking growth in all products.
- Submit quotes and tenders as per the customer requests.
- Gather market and competitive intelligence and participate in creating a sustainable business.
- Visit consultants and end-users to promote the company offerings and to build long term partnerships.
- Prepare technical and commercial offers and grow order book.
- Responsible for handling inquiries and preparing quotations.
- Attend to and resolve technical product queries in the area of operation according to customer needs.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
Knowledge, Experience, Education:
We are looking for a well-rounded individual, for whom values are important. The ideal candidate will:
- Have 2 years’ experience in an engineering role that required substantial client engagement.
- Have 5 years’ experience in direct sales.
- Be proficient in MS Office (emphasis on Word and Excel).
- Be proficient at writing reports/proposals and putting together presentations.
- Have a suitable Engineering Trade, Diploma or Degree.
- A top achiever with a history of demonstrated high performance.
- Can work independently and is willing to take initiative.
- A team player.
- Confident and has excellent people skills.
Our client is a preferred supplier of specialised quality processing solutions offering their clients in dairy, food, drink and pharmaceuticals and other specialised process industries a solutions-directed service, often providing turn-key “packages” in southern Africa and the Indian Ocean islands. Where possible, plants are manufactured and tested in-house aiming to ensure the shortest on-site assembly.
They have a proven record of competence having successfully designed, manufactured, installed and commissioned process solutions including (but not limited to) sugar dissolving plants, sauce manufacturing plants, dairies, breweries, concentrate plants, margarine plants, containerised and mobile emulsion mixing plants, train washing plant etc.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.