An electronic security equipment and systems distributor currently expanding and offering great opportunity for career progression has a need for two Technical Sales Consultants with CCTV / Access Control / Electronics for their new branch in the East Rand. The successful incumbents will be well-spoken individuals willing and able to learn and self-study to keep up with the changing industry standards.
They will have an A, N+ or equivalent electronics diploma with a minimum of 2 years’ technical experience in CCTV / Access Control / Electronics. Basic knowledge in fault finding and solutions design as well as prior sales experience will also be beneficial.
Valid driver’s license and own reliable vehicle necessary; need to be willing to travel.
Reports to: Sales Manager
- Complete solution implementation on end user sites for CCTV, access control, alarms and perimeter protection and detection including electric fence, gate & garage motors and intercoms.
- Support counter sales staff and clients (installers & integrators) with solutions and sales.
- Low level repairs Go/No-Go testing of equipment.
- Costing and compiling bill of materials on solutions for clients and sales staff.
- Demonstrating products live to clients, in house and on site.
- Service clients quickly, efficiently & professionally at all times.
- Driving and managing the technology part of the sales process, acting as technical advisor.
- Pre- and aftersales support at all levels.
- Training of staff and clients to consistently ensure everyone understands the products.
- Articulate company’s USP and product matrix to clients.
- Able to do quotes on Pastel when sales is busy.
- Assist clients with quotes in the absence of sales availability, telephonically and walk-in.
- Basic understanding of site plans and ability to do basic drawings on solutions.
Location: East Rand, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Valid grade 12 certificate.
- A/N+ or equivalent, electronics certificate or diploma.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Minimum 2 years’ technical experience in CCTV/ Access Control / Electronics.
- Strong Technical / IT related knowledge – in CCTV, Access Control, Electric fence, Alarms, automation.
- Basic fault finding.
- Solution design.
- Sales experience (beneficial).
- Strong prioritization of duties to maximize return on effort.
- Communication skills essential – telephonic, face-to-face and email etiquette.
- Fast learning of new information capabilities & self-learning.
- Good culture fit – accountable & client/service-orientated.
- Goal-driven and clear understanding of their goals.
- Planning & execution of daily tasks.
An electronic security equipment and systems distributor specialising in in CCTV, access control, electric fencing, alarms and automation systems.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Technical Sales Consultants x 2 – CCTV/Electronics/Access Control, East Rand – Ref: 1097288
Technical Sales Consultants
After that To view our other job listings, click here.