Our client is a highly credible, small yet dynamic leader in the niche market of power factor correction, energy efficiency and quality. Having shown consistent growth since its inception in 2007, they are ready to take the business to new heights and so require an experienced Technical Sales Representative to champion their growth. As their key ambassador you will shine a light on the products they offer, attract attention and interest and so help make a difference in saving energy and our precious natural resources.
With unique and innovative products and services that are able to reduce electrical costs by up to 20%, your enthusiasm, drive for results and electrical engineering knowledge is needed to help achieve the company’s vision of increased growth and expansion.
Reports to: Managing Director.
Primary purpose: To significantly increase the sale of products, solutions and services offered by the company.
- Understand customer requirements to promote the sale of solutions offered by the company.
- Sell electrical energy efficiency and electrical power quality solutions requiring extensive technical expertise.
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess and customize solutions for each customer.
- Perform technical presentations that explain products and solutions to customers and prospective customers.
- Grow the sales funnel, including referrals.
- Management of all existing and new leads.
- Cold calling of targeted market segments.
- Proactively identify changes and give feedback on existing market and competitive pressures and to develop and modify strategies and tactics accordingly.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
- Meet/exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts, agreed with senior management.
- Identify new and existing channels for growth.
- Travel requirements: Travel periodically, locally, nationally and internationally when required.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Be prepared to travel across SA and sub-Saharan Africa, including overnight stays
- Full South African driver’s license
- Minimum of 6 years of sales experience in the electrical solutions industry required
- Minimum qualification: N6 Electrical, preferable
- Good understanding of Electrical Energy Efficiency, Renewable Energy and Electrical Power Quality
- Excellent commercial skills
- Strong presentational skills up to Board Level
- High degree of commercial awareness and good negotiation skills
- Have experience in developing strategic and innovative ideas
Thorough Knowledge of:
- Electrical Engineering – Working knowledge of electrical engineering is essential
- Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer with the products and solutions the company has to offer. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Sales and Marketing – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products, services and solutions. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Report writing skills are essential
- Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning
- Persuasion – Persuading others to change their minds or behaviour
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Negotiation & deal breaking – Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do
- Oral Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand
- Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Speech Clarity – The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
- Speech Recognition – The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person
- Written Comprehension – The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
- Personality characteristics required
- Integrity – Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Initiative – Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Interpersonal skills – Job requires displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude, concern for others, social orientation and team work.
- Dependability – Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Persistence – Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Stress Tolerance – Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Achievement/Effort – Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Self-Control – Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Independence – Job requires developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Innovation – Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
Our client is a highly credible, small yet dynamic leader in the niche market of power factor correction, energy efficiency and quality.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partners: Engineer Placements and MCHIR.