In this position you are responsible for leading technical projects and coordinating the activities during the complete product development phase from inception until production implementation of plastic packaging (bottles and caps).
The ideal candidate will have qualified as a Mechanical or Industrial Engineer (BSc preferred). 3 to 5 years of experience in the plastics industry will be an advantage.
Travel requirements: Overseas travel for training
Primary purpose: The job holder will be responsible for leading technical projects and coordinating the activities during the complete product development phase of plastic packaging (plastic bottles and caps).
Designs and implements systems and equipment procedures used in Production facilities.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Develop moulds for plastic bottles, plastic caps and preforms.
- Coordinate the testing of the molds on extrusion blow molding machines, stretch-blow moulding machines
or injection machines
- Provide leadership on development projects, coordinating activities from design to pilot tool until production
start-up of the production mould
- Coordinate product-tests with the quality assurance team
- Deliver the projects to production with expected quality, within project timing and budget.
- Develop timelines, organize samplings and set priorities.
- Effectively communicate internally and externally with customers, suppliers and vendors to
determine project requirements.
Location (country, city): Lanseria, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Engineering qualification or equivalent
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in project management, preferably within the plastics industry
- Technical knowledge of plastic raw materials and mould construction
- Excellent communication skills in local language and English
- Ability to build effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Willingness to travel (10-20% international travel)
- Able to prioritize, plan and execute duties with minimal supervision
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Technical Project Engineer, Lanseria – Ref: 1026839-168
Technical Project Engineer
To apply, complete the form below or click here for full screen view.
To view our other job listings, click here