Work in a state-of-the-art manufacturing plant; identify the root cause of problems & implement innovative engineering solutions, maintenance, preventative maintenance, and continuous improvement. Your responsibilities will include people and resource management. Our client is specifically looking for a person with great people leadership skills as well as exceptional technical/mechanical skills. An analytical mind that thinks strategically to resolve problems through effective decisions in complex situations.
Reports to: Technical Director
Reporting, total staff compliment: 40 Foremen, Artisans and Artisan assistants.
Primary purpose: Manage and organizes resources to safely install, maintain and repair equipment and systems within the manufacturing facilities from a strategic point of view in line with the company’s overall objectives.
Job description / core competencies:
- Translate organizational requirements into strategic plans for the department and facilitates cross-functional collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Lead, motivate, train & develop the team of 40+ mechanical and boiler making staff in daily maintenance and upgrading of equipment.
- Responsible for setting-up and maintaining high standards.
- Optimise systems and services, develops asset care plans and manages risk.
- Identify the root cause of problems & implement innovative Engineering Solutions, Maintenance, Preventative Maintenance and Continuous Improvement.
- Design, Build & Implementation of Projects – handle the complete design, manufacturing &installation
- Actively drive a mentality of continuous improvement applying the principles of the 20 keys Continuous Improvement Program and Kaizen
- Manage projects and contractors (feasibility studies, tender process, benchmarking cost control, execution and contractor management)
- Work closely with the Technical Director to ensure that the team meets the key objectives; entails ensuring optimal performance of physical assets throughout their life cycles
and that the budget for expenses and projects are well controlled.
- Maintaining safety outputs within a strict legislative and regulated environment; and ensuring and maintaining competency of sub-ordinates who are engaged and committed.
- Lead, drive and promote a culture of High performance and Continuous Improvement in all aspects of the business.
- Determine and implement best practices, including optimization programs to minimize operating cost and improving overall equipment availability.
- Forecast and plan for ongoing operational needs, including technology, facilities, equipment, and manpower.
- Ensure compliance with all legislative, environmental requirements and permits.
A role model in operational excellence, and an affable, influential, and inspiring leader, who communicates well.
The incumbent will have demonstrated the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment, work collaboratively to address challenges, and have a positive influence on site culture.
Location (country, city): Springs, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
A tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
Proven leadership track record in a plant operation/ maintenance environment with a strong ability to think and plan strategically.
Excellent interpersonal, motivational and team building skills.
Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with the flexibility to effectively respond to continually changing internal and external business conditions.
Well-developed verbal, written and oral presentation communication skills upwards and downwards.
Strong ability to think logically, rationally, and laterally. KPI driven. Progress and reliability.
Strategically geared towards maintenance/replacement strategies (predictive and preventative), technological development, continuous improvement, shut-down maintenance, breakdown maintenance, facilities maintenance, workshops, and condition monitoring. experienced in industrial relations and labour practices.
Unique, privately owned company. Highly regarded in the industry. The largest manufacturer of their kind in Africa. They have an excellent brand. Due to the high demand of their products, their customers call them for products. Well known Internationally. A solid footprint in the Middle – East. They believe in hiring only the best.
A great company to work for, they really care for their employee’s, they offer training and development and growth opportunities. A profitable business, they reinvest their profits in people development and manufacturing/technology upgrades – resulting in further expansion and product range diversification.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Technical Lead – Maintenance CIP (Continuous Improvement Projects) – Springs, Gauteng – Ref: 1214036
To view our other job listings, click here