Do you have a real passion for learning about the control systems and solutions? Do you want to build up your technical expertise in a number of different industries and become a technical guru? If your answer is yes, then this is a fabulous opportunity to build your technical, engineering application skills. Do you love solving problems? Are you hands-on, practical and thrive on fixing problems? If yes, then maybe this position was created for you; this is an environment that you will excel in. It provides training and an environment where you can grow and build up your knowledge for future promotions. Customer service, and being accountable for delivering solutions is also key for this role.
Reports to: Services Supervisor – Sasolburg.
Primary purpose: To maintain and service control systems and support with field instrumentation according to client requirements and specifications. Gain competency in the
configuration of DeltaV DCS software. Gain knowledge about the DeltaV DCS hardware and DCS Cabinet Design principles. Manage call outs and breakdowns with full accountability in this regard. Identify opportunities, for the business, to provide enhanced service or sales offerings to the customer. Complete Emerson Training in desired timespan. Provide system support, maintenance and diagnostics.
Job description / core competencies:
- Complete Emerson DeltaV Field Service Supervise training within 2-3 months.
- Complete Emerson DeltaV Field Service Associate experience training within 2-3 months after completion of Supervised Training.
- Study the Emerson DCS Hardware and Software capabilities and best practices.
- Learn DeltaV fault finding maintenance and diagnostics principles.
- Have good understanding of DCS Software layers and components and have good understanding of how a system would control a plant.
- Maintain or execute basic graphics modifications and diagnostics according to requirements.
- Provide fault finding support and basic configuration on Software objects.
- Work in conjunction with Engineers, Technicians and line manager ensuring maintenance and support execution are within time and budget.
- Complete detailed maintenance and diagnostics reports for customers.
- Manage call outs and breakdowns with full accountability in this regard.
- Complete Contracted SLA Hours that are assigned monthly.
- Identify opportunities, for the business, to provide enhanced service or sales offerings to the customer.
- Strict adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Fair Understanding of various Control System Cabinet designs according to Emerson standards.
Location (country, city): Sasolburg, Free State
Job Qualification & Experience:
A minimum requirement is one or more of the following fields as a Technician:
- Process Control Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Computer Systems Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Operations Management
- Electrical Computer Systems
- Electrical and Electronics and Communication
- Electrical Process Instrumentation
A minimum requirement is one or more of the qualifications below:
- Diploma Engineering
- Advanced Diploma Engineering
- National Diploma Engineering
- Baccalaureus Technologiae Degrees Engineering
Minimal experience requirements, any experience in the fields below a bonus.
- Good understanding working with Microsoft Windows 10 Experience and MS Server 2016/19 advantage. E.g. formatting and installing operating systems. Computer hardware and BIOS setup.
- Building or setup of PCs
- Basic Software configuration skills of any Product: e.g.: V-Basic, Python, MATLAB, C++
- DCS and or PLC and SCADA Configuration Experience
- DeltaV DCS experience would be an advantage
- Electrical Wiring Experience
- Instrumentation knowledge
- Office: Word, Excel
- Report writing skills
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Gain basic knowledge relating to engineering within a process control environment
- Gain knowledge in control systems:
o Basic Configuration,
o Fault Finding
- Gain knowledge of serial interfaces such as Modbus, DeviceNet and Profibus
- Gain knowledge of Industrial Ethernet interfaces such as Modbus TCP/IP, Ethernet/IP, Profinet
- Gain knowledge in configuring graphical interfaces
- Gain Knowledge in configuration of Function Block Diagram, Sequential Function chart and Structures Text
- Competent in control system Server/ Workstation and software version upgrading and migration
- Gain Knowledge in hardware and software fault finding from system to instrument
- Competent in Windows 10 and Server 2016/9 installation
- Ensure compliance with company and customer safety practices at all times
- Competent in working with MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook
- Having a Passion for learning about DeltaV DCS hardware and software
- Having a Passion for learning about the control systems and solutions
- Be proactive in the learning processes to fast-track knowledge gain
- Maintain focus and self-control
- Maintaining effective internal team relationships
- Produce and maintain quality and technical results
- Sharing functional expertise with team members
- Work smartly and effectively
- Be innovative and creative
- Ensure proper communication to team members and Managers
- Driver’s License (Code EB) or better
A world-renowned process control instrumentation, systems and solutions company that prioritises personal development and internal promotions, with long standing credibility, reputable, quality brands and a great service infrastructure and engineering center. Offering products, specialised training, engineering after sales service, service level agreements and technical support.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Systems Technician (Installed Based Services), Sasolburg – Ref: 710238-23
To view our other job listings, click here