A market leader in process control instrumentation products currently has an opportunity for a Systems Engineer with 2 or more years of experience as well as a relevant degree (NQF 8/9) in Electronic, Electrical, Mechatronics, Industrial, Chemical, Computer Engineering, or related.
Dynamic growth opportunities in joining the business now!
Knowledge and /or experience in the following applied process control environment: control systems environment configuring, testing, commissioning instrumentation of control systems; DCS and or PLC and SCADA; serial interfaces such as Modbus, Device Net and Profibus, DeltaV; and Project Execution according to Industrial / Systematic procedures.
- Control system project execution:
o DCS architecture and configuration designing,
Be able to interpret a User Requirement Specification: P&IDs, logic diagrams, cause and effect diagrams, sequence diagrams, control narratives, cable block diagrams and configure the DCS according to specifications.
Driver’s license a must.
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Primary purpose: To implement and commission Control Systems and Field Equipment according to client requirements and specifications. To assume Control Systems Engineering role in support of customer requirements and expectations as part of the company sales and service solution. Execute DCS configuration Projects withing time and Budget..
Job description / core competencies:
- Maintain and improve relationships with key stakeholders
- Project execution with quality and consistency
- Work in conjunction with Senior Engineers, Project Manager/s ensuring project execution within time and Budget
- Strict adherence to company policies and procedures
- Complete Emerson Training for TIER1 within 2-3 months
- Respectable Knowledge of Emerson DCS Hardware and Software
- Good Understanding of various Control System Cabinet designs according to Emerson standards
Location (country, city): Johannesburg, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
A minimum requirement is one or more of following the fields of Engineering:
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Computer and Electronic Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
A minimum requirement is one or more of the qualifications below:
- Master of Engineering (M. Eng.) (NQF9)
- Bachelor / Baccalaureus or Engineering (B. Eng.) (NQF8)
- Master of Science BSC. Master of Engineering (NQF9)
- Bachelor of Science BSC. Honours in Engineering (NQF8)
- Bachelor of Science BSC. Engineering, (NQF8)
(NQF9: Minimal years’ experience) (NQF8: 2 or more years’ experience)
- Control Systems environment configuring, testing, commissioning instrumentation of control systems
- DCS and or PLC and SCADA Configuration Experience
- DeltaV DCS experience would be an advantage
- Basic Understanding of Project Execution according to Industrial / Systematic procedures
- Office: Word, Excel
- Report writing skills
- Good understanding working with Microsoft Windows 10 Experience and MS Server 2016/19.advantage. E.g., Formatting and installing operating systems. Computer hardware and BIOS setup.
- Basic Software configuration skills of any Product: e.g., V-Basic, Python, MATLAB, C++
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Respectable knowledge relating to engineering within a Process Control environment
- Respectable knowledge relating to control system project execution:
- Provide configuration support for Junior Engineers
- Be able to interpret a User Requirement Specification: P&IDs, logic diagrams, cause and effect diagrams, sequence diagrams, control narratives, Cable Block diagrams and configure the DCS according to specifications
- Provide technical product service and support to customers
- Knowledge of serial interfaces such as Modbus, DeviceNet and Profibus
- Knowledge of Industrial Ethernet interfaces such as Modbus TCP/IP, Ethernet/IP, Profinet
- Competent in configuring graphical interfaces
- Competent in the configuration of Function Block Diagram, Sequential Function chart and Structures Text
- Competent in control system Server/ Workstation and software version upgrading and migration
- Competent in hardware and software fault finding from system to instrument
- Competent in Windows 10 and Server 2016/9 installation and setup of networks and Domains
- Ensure company and customer safety practices at all times
- Competent in working with MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook
- Having a Passion for learning about DeltaV DCS hardware and software
- Having a Passion working with computers
- Maintain focus and self-control
- Maintaining effective internal team relationships
- Maintaining effective external customer relationships
- Produce and maintain quality and technical results
- Sharing functional expertise with team members
- Works smart and effective
- Be innovative and creative
- Ensure proper communication to team members and Managers
- Driver’s license (Code EB) or better
The company provides world-renowned products, specialised training, engineering after sales service, service level agreements and technical support. They supply and supports field devices and systems, helping businesses automate their production, processing and distribution in Oil & Gas, Refining, Mining, Minerals and Metals, Synfuels, Chemical Processing as well as Pulp and Paper, Power Generation, Food and Beverage and other industries.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Systems Engineer, Automation and Control – Johannesburg, Gauteng – Ref: 710238-17
To view our other job listings, click here