Sourcing a Project Manager with a bachelor level qualification in Engineering or Business, and 4 – 10 years of experience within Supply Chain. Company provides single-status relocation cost, company accommodation, transport to work and back, medical insurance, 3 meals per day, relaxation facilities, laundry, 30 days leave per year, one flight ticket per year, tax free. Additional 25% housing allowance and 10% transport allowance may be offered.
As Project Manager your responsibilities will include managing the Supply Chain project, ensuring key processes and operations (warehousing, bagging, loading and shipping functions) are done as per customers’ requirements & all group standards for operations and SSHEQ, maintaining sound relations with all stakeholders to ensure full client satisfaction, ensuring company policies are communicated, applied and enforced (i.e. accounting, operational, SSHEQ, regulatory and administrative), HR functions pertaining to a staff compliment of 100 (consisting of six different nationalities) including staff accommodation & commuting arrangements as well as trucking of goods to the harbour, and shipping and custom clearance of all goods.
Type: Contract (duration of contract: 5 years)
Reports to: General Manager
Job titles of direct reports: Warehouse supervisor, Shipping Supervisor, Operations Supervisor, Bagging Supervisor, SSHEQ Supervisors.
Primary purpose: Manage overall project and team-related activities, developing work plans, managing deadlines and coordination of team and sub-teams, estimating project skill requirements, defining and agreeing on deliverables and milestones and scope, communicating status and vision to client management.
Job description / core competencies:
- Managing the Supply Chain project, ensuring key processes and operations (warehousing, bagging, loading and shipping functions) are done as per customers’ requirements & all group standards for operations and SSHEQ.
- Developing work plans, managing deadlines and coordination of team and sub-teams.
- Ensuring all available equipment and work force is utilized in a more productive and professional manner.
- Analysing daily activities, customer interactions, meetings regarding smooth operations and taking the proper actions.
- Responsible for data management, analysing performance, identifying problems and developing recommendations that support logistics develop and maintain cost models.
- Ensuring full overview updated status of all customer orders are on track as per ETA.
- Maintaining sound relations with the customers, marketers, shipping lines and customs agents’ brokers to ensure full client satisfaction.
- Ensuring fleet equipment are sound and operational and avoiding misuse.
- Conducting and managing employees’ performance evaluation and observing their daily performance to ensure they are giving their best performance.
- Handling all high level communications, verbal, written, customer complaints, incidents and root cause analyses.
- Managing implementation of SSHEQ standards as per group & customer manuals to ensure full compliance with sole objective – Zero loss time injury.
- Assuring that all project team members understand the scope of the project, their role in it and the desired outcomes.
- Promoting and motivating the development of the operations team’s performance through training needs assessment and proposing the suitable training programs.
- Interfacing and Liaising with line management to ensure availability of staff and to ensure that key operations are effectively resourced and managed.
- Taking ownership for cost and resource utilization relating to major projects, evaluating return on expenditure.
- Maintaining regular communication with customers and management regarding progress and achievement of project deliverables.
- Ensuring company policies are communicated, applied and enforced (i.e. accounting, operational, SSHEQ, regulatory and administrative).
- Identifying training needs of and participating in providing training to subordinates.
- Meeting customer and company KPIs and SLAs on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
- Encouraging and motivating the team to participate in SPARK program and receive the ideas to enhance the operations.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Demonstrates safety leadership by always performing work tasks as a role model for behavioural-based safety and demonstrates practical knowledge of the instructions procedures of operation.
- HR functions pertaining to a staff compliment of 100 (consisting of six different nationalities – Indian, Pakistani, Nepalese, Philippine, Egyptian and Saudi Arabian) and including staff accommodation and commuting arrangements.
- Trucking of goods to the harbour, and shipping and custom clearance of all goods.
Note: The principal accountabilities listed above are an illustrative list and not an exhaustive list. Additional responsibilities may be added from time to time depending on organizational requirements.
Country: Saudi Arabia
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor level in Engineering or Business.
- 4 – 10 years of experience from working within the Supply Chain Area.
High level of:
- Project planning & management.
- Budget & risk management skills.
- Managerial communications (written & verbal) & interpersonal Skills.
- Flexibility and ability to deal with multi-tasks to handle competing priorities.
- Time management.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Customer Led Safety Training.
Subsidiary of a European goods handling specialist, offering a cost-effective and comprehensive package including optimized processes from design and construction to ongoing supply chain management, operations and transport.
In addition to vast consulting services for the local chemical industry they directly provide substantial know-how in the construction of logistics centres and the design of outsourcing contracts. Transport services for bulk goods including decanting from maritime containers into bulk goods equipment are being realized and they manage both overseas long haul and short sea transport to end-user locations.
Boasting a newly-built, multi-customer terminal with multiple storage silos, a container tipping platform and larger warehouse space.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Supply Chain Operations Project Manager (5-Year Contract) – Saudi Arabia – Ref: 1098832
Supply Chain Operations Project Manager
To view our other job listings, click here