Our client designs and manufactures bespoke vibrating and materials handling equipment solutions in Africa. They are currently sourcing a Supply Chain Consultant to design, implement, plan and control processes related to job and materials management/flow, procurement, inventory control, warehousing and logistics; to control and support all SCM operations on a day-to-day basis to utilise to optimum levels the resources available to provide clients with an excellent service at the lowest possible cost. This function includes project management mainly but not limited to SCM related processes.
The successful incumbent will have at least 3 years’ experience in an SCM function within a technical/engineering environment, substantial project management experience as well as experience in Syspro or similar ERP systems. A solid understanding of the heavy equipment manufacturing market including trends, technologies, products and players. Previous experience and exposure in mining industry and related industries would be a definite advantage.
Reports to: GM Supply Chain
- Design, implement, plan and control processes related to job and materials management/flow, procurement, inventory control, warehousing and logistics.
- Control and support all SCM operations on a day-to-day basis to utilise to optimum levels the resources available to provide clients with an excellent service at the lowest possible cost. This function includes project management mainly but not limited to SCM related processes.
Your job description includes, but is not limited to:
- To drive key critical performance metrics such as on-time delivery and financial metrics such as inventory turns, creditor days, standard cost variances and budgets.
- Develop, implement and manage a SCM framework and resources and materials planning system to improve and accelerate process flows throughout the company to improve and ensure on-time deliveries.
- To fulfil the primary objective of Supply Chain Management which is to satisfy both internal and external customer demands through the most efficient use of systems and processes, departmental resources, inventory and labour; SCM aims to create a process of synergy between all departmental activities by optimising process flows from sales order receipt through to dispatch. This should lead to:
- Accurate measurement of on-time deliveries.
- Flagging of potential delivery delays early in the process and development of contingency plans.
- Reduction in overall lead time from sales order to dispatch.
- Maintain a professional procurement system and process, including the integration of the Bill of Materials and Purchasing Requisition and multi-level authorisation framework into the ERP system.
- Conduct supplier evaluations, ABC analyses and supplier benchmarking.
- Analyze, identify and implement new and improved procurement initiatives to the advantage of the company.
- Ensure the timeous procurement of goods to meet production planning taking into account lead times and stock holding targets.
- Optimise warehouse processes and stock management systems (stock, work in progress, consignment stock, manufactured parts and finished goods).
- Ensure that stock holding targets are met and, where possible, implement initiatives that will minimise stock holding and increase availability.
- Monitor all transport processes on international and national level.
- Actively contribute in the field of risk management and implement measurements to reduce risks in the supply chain.
- Initiate and uncover business-building, efficiency improvements and cost-saving opportunities.
Mobility: No travelling required.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- A tertiary qualification i.e. Diploma/Degree in Supply Chain Management or supply chain experience is essential.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in SCM function within a technical/engineering environment.
- Substantial project management experience is essential.
- Experience in Syspro or similar ERP systems.
- Previous experience and exposure in mining industry and related industries would be a definite advantage.
- A solid understanding of the heavy equipment manufacturing market, including trends, technologies, products and players.
Skills and competencies:
- Observant and attentive to detail.
- Must display a strong sense of urgency.
- Must be self-driven with a demonstrated capacity to take the initiative.
- Strong customer service/relationship management orientation.
- Project management skills.
- Conflict management skills.
- Must be resourceful i.e. able to think on his/her feet to resolve problems in a practical but innovative way.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Resilience and the ability to cope well under pressure.
- Financial acumen and strong analytical ability
- Basic understanding of vibrating equipment and engineering drawings.
- Commercial understanding.
- Must be flexible and self-reliant.
- Sound judgement.
- Product knowledge – new equipment/design technology.
- Ability to function independent and with responsibility.
- Follow-through ability to complete tasks.
- The ability to make sound decisions related to identified problems without assistance.
- Ability to exercise personal influence, resolve conflict and bring about required behaviours.
- Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas, including expert executive communication and presentation skills.
- Understand the value of best practices and apply best practises and other tools to drive business results.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy – MS Office.
Languages: English – additional languages are an advantage.
Designer and manufacturer of bespoke vibrating and materials handling equipment solutions in Africa.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Supply Chain Consultant / Senior Consultant, Johannesburg – Ref: 1025845-6
Supply Chain Consultant / Senior Consultant
To view our other job listings, click here