Our client provides a wide range of products and services to the steel industry in South Africa from their modern and comprehensive steel service centers and specialty steel divisions.
The enormous processing plant in Germiston boasts state-of-the-art equipment and handles in excess of 700 000 tons of steel every year. They are able to maintain critical steel product stock levels, and have a vast transport infrastructure, which allows for rapid distribution of steel products. The branch incorporates all of the company’s products, services and divisions (except for the tube division) and they distribute a large variety of steel to the local structural and plate industries as well as the export market.
Products include automotive, cash sales, fabricated steel, flat products, long products as well as open sections. Services range from blanking, coil processing, cropping, export and trade, fabrication, slitting and guillotining to merchanting distribution and a service center.
Reports to: Sales and Customer Service Manager
Primary purpose: The incumbent will be responsible for pipeline management to ensure that enough stock is always in the supply chain to cover customer requirements, as well as assistance with forecasting and Automotive account management where required.
Key performance areas (duties & responsibilities):
- Service the customer forecasts, requirements and draw off patterns
- Do forecasts layout and application thereof into a supply pipeline
- Daily liaison with Procurement department and the Planning teams (production as well if needed),
- Constant liaison with Customer base
- Ensure accuracy of SAP Master data on pipeline files as well as SAP
- Ensure adherence to MRP FIT sessions/Discipline
- Ensure smooth running of EDI system (Inbound & Outbound)
- Assisting in obtaining and verifying of the monthly Forecast from Customers
- Assist in development and maintenance of accurate Material Pipeline View up to 9 months
- Identify potential supply risk that might affect supply to customer timeously. Effect communication and mitigation
- Check daily movement of stock in the pipeline to ensure material is utilised correctly
- Problem solving
- To fulfil any other functions required by management within the scope of the position
- To uphold the company’s core values, vision and mission
Location: Germiston Area, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Matric – strong Maths and English
- BCom or relevant 3 Years Tertiary Qualification eg Logistics
- Admin and excel ability
- Proven history in an Industrial Sales environment. Automotive sales experience will be an added advantage.
- Stock management experience will be advantage
- SAP will be an advantage
- Understanding of Pipelines and Forecasting will be added advantage
- Experience with EDI systems and ASN systems will be added advantage
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong communication skills
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Must have sound working knowledge on MS Office and email
- Must be able to apply their sales ability as well as their technical ability
- Able to always expedite and update the internal customers
- Must be self-disciplined and target driven
- High technical communication/negotiation ability
- Good reporting abilities both verbal and written
- Must have excellent people skills
- Lives company values
- Apply good governance principles
- Maintaining effective relationships
- Produce and maintain effective business results
- Providing excellent customer service
- Engaging with change
- Communicating with impact
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Supply and Material Analyst x2, Steel Processing – Germiston Area, Gauteng – Ref: 1114236-10
Supply and Material Analyst
To apply, complete the form below or click here for full screen view.
To view our other job listings, click here
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org