One of the world’s leading manufacturers of sensors and safety systems currently has a vacancy for a Sales and Service Manager who will be responsible for developing, supporting and growing the market share for the company in the Sub-Saharan region; build-up and manage a growing team of sales and service specialists located in different countries of the region.
Purpose of the role will be to implement strategy for Sub-Sahara development and will drive key sales processes and promote all three business units (factory automation, process automation and logistics automation).
The ideal candidate: A self-starter with an entrepreneurial, solutions-based sales approach, a minimum of 10 years sales experience and a minimum of 5 years in a management position. A technical qualification in Electrical or Instrumentation disciplines is essential. Must have a proven track record of achieving sales budgets and developing markets/industries/regions. Experience in strategic planning. Experience and exposure to the African Market, especially East and West Africa.
Travel requirements: Extensive travel to Sub-Sahara is expected.
- Implement operational strategy for Sub-Sahara development in line with approval from the Board of Directors.
- Drive key sales processes, channel management, lead management and opportunity management for developing the region.
- Promote all three business units (Factory/ Process/ Logistics Automation).
- Establish new buying customers, maintain existing relationships with customers and build sustainable long-term relationships.
- Develop and identify the key markets and sales potential in the region.
- Identify customer requirements and specify the appropriate products and solutions.
- Develop and implement a dynamic sales strategy to penetrate the market.
- Focus on Project Houses to ensure product specification at design phase.
- Appoint, support, train and grow the sales channels via distribution network in accordance with the company’s International Distribution Program and other channels partners.
- Establish the company as a key solutions provider.
- Encourage cross selling within divisions based on the extensive product portfolio in collaboration with the relevant Product Managers in South Africa.
- Continuous development with regard to product knowledge.
- Manage training internally of sales and service engineers and externally for customers.
- Coordinate, supervise, develop and manage sales and marketing functions, after sales services and all other customer related tasks.
- Manage collation of information of competitor market analysis.
- Compile a monthly report for all sales activities identifying opportunities and presenting an achievable and realistic project funnel.
- Manage staff and provide leadership, direction and strategic guidance to achieve or exceed annual sales targets in line with the budget.
- Develop, track, analyse and report key business indicators to senior management.
- Implement and manage performance KPIs for your responsible staff.
- Manage service team for Sub-Sahara.
Country: South Africa
Location: Lanseria, Johannesburg
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of sales experience with a minimum of 5 years in a management position
- Technical qualification in Electrical or Instrumentation disciplines, Diploma or Degree essential
- Must have a proven track record of achieving sales budgets and developing markets/industries/regions
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial, solutions-based sales approach
- Experience in strategic planning
- Experience and exposure to the African Market, especially East and West Africa
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Office, Pastel, CRM
- Presentation and Interpersonal Skills, must be able to present to Senior Management both internally and externally
- Knowledgeable in applying the latest technology, a problem solver
- Finance (P&L, Pricing, Sales Forecasting, Budgeting and Margin)
- Service driven, meeting deadlines and ensuring the customer is a priority
- English speaking essential, multiple languages added advantage
- Employees are required to comply with the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Leadership and Co-operation at all times.
- Employees are required to dress professionally in an attire that is suitable for the circumstances and act at all times in a professional and courteous manner.
- Extensive travel to Sub-Sahara is expected.
- A pro-active energetic and professional approach for this position is required and maintaining the image of the company as a premium brand in the market is essential.
- Training at various locations both local and overseas as and when required.
One of the world’s leading manufacturers of sensors and safety systems, they also manufacture sensors and customised analysers for process measurement applications in a broad variety of industries.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Sub-Sahara Sales and Service Manager, Lanseria – Ref: 1026839-60
Sales and Service Manager
To view our other job listings, click here.