Our client provides a wide range of products and services to the steel industry in South Africa from their modern and comprehensive steel service centres and specialty steel divisions.
The enormous processing plant in Germiston boasts state-of-the-art equipment and handles in excess of 700 000 tons of steel every year. They are able to maintain critical steel product stock levels, and have a vast transport infrastructure, which allows for rapid distribution of steel products. The branch incorporates all of the company’s products, services and divisions (except for the tube division) and they distribute a large variety of steel to the local structural and plate industries as well as the export market.
Products include automotive, cash sales, fabricated steel, flat products, long products as well as open sections. Services range from blanking, coil processing, cropping, export and trade, fabrication, slitting and guillotining to merchanting distribution and a service centre.
Reports to: Manager Pretoria
Primary purpose: The incumbent will be responsible for managing, controlling and coordinating all employees, systems and processes within his/her area of responsibility. Ensuring the quality of delivered material, implement corrective actions and communicate and resolve deviations.
Key performance areas (duties & responsibilities):
- Planning, organising and monitoring work done
- Ensuring compliance to SHEQ, policies, procedures and standards
- Ensure quality standards on material received
- Tracking of quality performance at customer.
- Ensure that Corrective Action Request are raised for internal and external non-conformances, followed, and promptly closed.
- Responsible for the supervision and the performance of teams and/or individual team members
- Ensuring that the loading and offloading of material and goods are done efficiently and accurately according to operational and safety requirements
- Ensuring that all material received/issued to customer production are to the customer quality and packing standard
- Ensuring stock integrity and the management of all material stock on the floor
- Conducting daily stock counts and stock integrity verification. Updating stock system with dispatch requirements
- Liaising and communicating regularly with internal departments and customers
- Developing and Implementing training and policies for teams
- Providing strategic input and improvements on process flow
- Managing department’s performance
- Ensuring correct flow of material
- Manage returnable stillages on the customer premises
Location: Silverton, Pretoria
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Must have a Matric / Grade 12 qualification
- Tertiary education within a quality field would be beneficial
- IATF16949,Ford Q1 experience will be advantageous
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a quality environment, preferably in a leadership role
- Exposure to JIT supply beneficial
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- A good understanding of quality principles and processes
- Problem solving, audits, tracking and reporting
- Demonstrate ability in people supervision, communication and organisational skills
- PC Literate – Be able to report and present on Excel, PowerPoint
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must be meticulous and accurate
- Methodical and well organized with the ability to maintain accurate records
- Adhere to principles and values
- Apply good governance principles
- Deal effectively with change
- Enthusiastically productive
- Ability to motivate team
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Steel Processing Quality Supervisor – Silverton, Pretoria – Ref: 1114236-12
To view our other job listings, click here