Purpose: To plan, direct or coordinate the work activities and resources necessary for the smooth functioning of production processes in accordance with cost, quality and quantity specifications.
Our client, a reputable manufacturer and supplier of a broad range of steel to sub-Saharan Africa servicing the automotive, structural & plate, pipe & tube and related industries, currently seeks an Operations Manager to be based in Port Elizabeth. The ideal incumbent will have experience in a JIT automotive environment supplying both Tier1 and Tier2 customers, a tertiary qualification in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering and 10 years’ experience in production and maintenance environment. Other essential requirements include Industrial Relations experience, advanced SAP experience and excellent organizing, planning, decision making and problem solving skills.
Reports to: Branch Manager
Primary purpose: Plan, direct or coordinate the work activities and resources necessary for the smooth functioning of production processes in accordance with cost, quality and quantity specifications.
Key performance areas (duties and responsibilities):
- Management of safety standards, behaviour, compliance, consequence.
- Management of all production activities to deliver the product as planned, on time to the customer and as per quality standards.
- Management of all maintenance activities to ensure maximum equipment availability. This includes planned and unplanned maintenance tasks.
- Management of the warehouse, vehicle fleet and outbound logistics.
- Ensure & maintain high overall equipment efficiency (OEE).
- Daily production and maintenance monitoring and reporting.
- Daily monitoring of product quality performance against standards.
- Implementation of corrective actions to correct deviations from standards in terms of safety, quality, production, maintenance, etc.
- Working with Managers to implement the company’s policies and goals.
- Ensuing that health and safety guidelines are followed.
- Supervising and motivating a team of workers.
- Reviewing the performance of subordinates.
- Maintain stock levels for consumables and spares.
Country: South Africa
Location: Port Elizabeth
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Must have a Matric / Grade 12 qualification.
- Diploma/BTech/Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a production and maintenance environment.
- Industrial relations experience essential.
- Advanced SAP experience.
- Experience in a JIT automotive environment supplying both Tier1 and Tier2 customers.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must have knowledge of the OHS Act, LRA, BCEA and Main Agreement requirements.
- Good communication skills.
- Organizing, planning, decision making and problem solving skills essential.
- Through knowledge of IATF 16949, ISO 14001/18001 and VDA 6.3 management systems.
- Leadership skills and the ability to take decisions and risk analysis.
- Financial, budgeting and stock management beneficial.
- Business acumen.
- Adhere to principles and values.
- Apply good governance principles.
- Deal effectively with change.
- Enthusiastically productive.
Reputable manufacturer and supplier of a broad range of steel to sub-Saharan Africa servicing the automotive, structural & plate, pipe & tube and related industries.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Steel Industry Operations Manager (JIT Automotive Environment Experience), Port Elizabeth – Ref: 1114236
Steel Industry Operations Manager
To view our other job listings, click here