Solar Construction Project Manager for PV Power Plant Construction (Africa Travel), Gauteng – Ref: 115927
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager, well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures, to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills with 5 – 10 years of relevant Project Management experience, a BSc/BA in engineering, building science or relevant field – PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage – with in-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles. The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time, according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
Travel regularly to Zimbabwe and other African countries for project work.
Job description / core competencies:
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, etc. to determine the specifications of the project
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics, etc. and give them guidance when needed
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed weekly reports
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Minimize exposure and risk by implementing and audits safety standards and quality assurance controls
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability and project costs
Location (country, city): Northcliff, Johannesburg
Job Qualification & Experience:
- 5 – 10 years’ relevant experience
- BSc/BA in engineering, building science or relevant field
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage
- Proven experience as Construction Project Manager
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of MS Office, MS Projects and general project management tools
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Driven, positive, go-getter attitude
- A team player with leadership abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
- Travel regularly to Zimbabwe and other African countries for project work
- Work at the office and on site
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines
- Dedicated to clients projects only, on a full-time basis
- Multi-skilled and maybe required to perform other tasks as and when required
A multi-disciplinary company, providing professional services in the engineering and project management environment.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Solar Construction Project Manager
After that To view our other job listings, click here.