This supplier in the minerals and cement industry is looking for someone that can perform advanced technical service including troubleshooting in complex and complicated matters of site equipment, machinery, systems and processes to ensure their continuous functionality.
Job description / core competencies:
- Awareness of financial implications through ensuring site and commissioning costs are within the estimated value by the control of sub-suppliers, site costs, managing site instructions and extra claims and controlling actual service hours within the estimated hours.
- To ensure equipment is operational as per design and that equipment is installed as per design, specifications and QCP.
- Assist with commissioning equipment to ensure operations are within design specifications and safety standards then handover to client with necessary documentation and provide the necessary close out reports.
- Marketing and sales of own expertise.
- Evaluates machinery, equipment, systems and processes’ performance in order to make decisions regarding the need for operational maintenance in a technically highly sophisticated environment.
- Troubleshoots operational maintenance problems of machinery, equipment, systems and processes to secure continuous proper functionality.
- Makes suggestions for upgrades of machinery, equipment, systems and processes to ensure continuous functionality.
- Performs tests of machinery, equipment, systems and processes to ensure their functionality.
- Performs inspections/service assignments of cement/minerals materials/processes to assess the need for maintenance.
- Be willing to perform work in underground conditions and extended working hours.
- Be willing to work outside the borders of SA for extended periods.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
Requirements, skills and abilities:
- Trade test (Fitter/Millwright – Red seal certified) minimum requirement.
- Mine winder/hoisting experience is essential.
- Hydraulic experience would be an advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment, products, site operations and maintenance.
- 5 years’ working experience in the engineering discipline.
- Computer literate in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Projects
- Applying expertise and technology.
- Deciding and initiating action.
- The ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to cope with pressure and work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work alone and without guidance
One of the biggest suppliers in the minerals and cement industry globally. Ranging from everything from engineering, single machines and complete processing plants to maintenance, support services and operation of processing facilities.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.