As technology changes, so do the opportunities for business. Our client is growing and looking for a Service Instrumentation Technician for the Service/Engineering and Projects department. The Technician will be a vital support structure to the engineering implementation of systems on a project level, as well as the service of the systems thereafter for our clients.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in HVAC / industrial processes and installation and experience in wiring, controls, instrumentation, fault finding along with a Trade Test (Electrician / HVAC / Refrigeration) and instrumentation & controls training/ qualification.
Must have a valid driver’s licence and speak Afrikaans and English.
Reports to: Director.
Primary purpose: Main focus and responsibility: Service and support of installations, systems and equipment. Technicians are a vital support structure to the engineering implementation of systems on a project level, as well as the service of the systems thereafter for our clients.
Job description / core competencies:
1) Manage service plans allocated to you.
2) Project commissioning planning with arrangement of electrical and controls needs with engineering and project supervisor.
3) Plan, arrange appointments for services with customers.
4) Liaise with customers and their expectations
5) Communication with stakeholders, via Email, face-to-face or telephonic.
6) Weekly meetings prior and during the course of services and projects. Post mortems of all completed service intervals projects.
7) On-site thinking , management of Work quality and standards and Time frames
8) Supervision/management of contractors on site together with internal team.
9) Safety management and compliance control.
10) Ensures that the work and job is complete according to SANS, Sairac standards when it is finished.
Location (country, city): Sandton, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
Language: English, Afrikaans
Qualification: Matric, Trade Test Electrician/HVAC/Refrigeration
Other Qualification: Instrumentation and controls training/ diploma
Experience: Industrial Process and Industrial installation experience and HVAC experience. Service technician experience, min. 5 years. Wiring, controls, instrumentation. Fault finding.
1) Efficient in Microsoft Packages: Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
2) Intuitive and thinks ahead.
3) Efficient and hard working
4) Good customer relationship management
6) Willingness to learn
As technology changes so do the opportunities for business. Our client provides results that create high levels of efficiency and productivity, practical solutions that understand what it is you need to achieve from the implementation of new technologies and processes for climate control and industrial processes.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Service Instrumentation Technician – Sandton, Gauteng – Ref: 745032-2
Service Instrumentation Technician
To view our other job listings, click here