A national network operator that physically builds and maintains its own infrastructure in South Africa and some African countries is looking for a Senior Wireless Engineer to be trained in the career direction of a wireless specialist and surveyor/planner, and to be involved in high site negotiations in a service provider environment, responsible for all installations, maintenance, etc.
Minimum 5 years of experience in wireless installations and in-field experience on microwave installations & surveys is a must when applying for this position.
Do you want to work for a company that offers growth opportunities, continuing education, and a warm, positive, and healthy environment? If so, this is the position for you!
Job description / core competencies:
- You will be trained in the career direction of a wireless specialist and surveyor/planner and be involved in high site negotiations in a service provider environment and responsible for all installations, maintenance, etc.
- In-Field experience on Microwave installations and surveys is a must when applying for this position. (Minimum of 5 years)
- Infield experience on Wireless installations is a must (minimum of 5 years).
- Access to formal training materials and qualifications are provided.
- Own transport and valid driver’s license required; transport will be provided when working out of office.
- Salary is dependent on experience.
Location (country, city): Potchefstroom, North West Province
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Extensive knowledge and infield experience on Wireless Link builds and Power Solutions.
- Expert knowledge and skills in Wireless Networks (5GHz), Microwave, and V-Sat.
- Must be able to conduct Site Surveys and build Survey documents.
- Must be able to do planning with Pathloss and Cambium PtP Planner.
- Must be able to scout new High Sites and perform site negotiations.
- Must be able to scope large onsite WIFI solutions and present proposals.
- Must be able to scope large data network & fibre solutions.
- Extensive Safety background to assist in building site safety files where required.
- Knowledge and certification of Mikrotik routers or Ubiquiti or Microwave wireless links would be an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of data-networks CAT3/5/6 E, cabinet builds and onsite WIFI solutions.
- Integral understanding of wireless infrastructure builds.
- Ability to meet immovable deadlines.
- Possess a good team spirit and have the ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Taking initiative to identify and resolve problems.
A national network operator that physically builds and maintains its own infrastructure in South Africa and some African countries.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Senior Wireless Engineer, Potchefstroom – Ref: 1154062-17
Senior Wireless Engineer
To view our other job listings, click here