We are looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to administer and support core Linux, Microsoft, Mikrotik, Fortigate and VMware technologies; developing, designing and supporting network architecture and computer systems infrastructure (routers, switches, access points, firewalls).
Requirements: 5-7+ years of industry experience; experience in: Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu), Microsoft, Mikrotik, Fortigate and VMware, Hypervisor cluster environments. Valid IT/Networking qualifications and Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent.
Driver’s license and own transport essential, must be willing to work after hours at certain times, and with escalations, and be willing to travel.
- Proactively manage and maintain server, network and firewall systems.
- Administer and support core Linux, Microsoft, Mikrotik, Fortigate and VMware technologies.
- Analysing network data and infrastructure to determine inefficiencies and problems.
- Developing, designing and supporting network architecture and computer systems infrastructure (routers, switches, access points, firewalls).
- Supports server systems (e.g., servers operating systems, server backup, routine maintenance programs, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring efficient operations.
- Overseeing the development, installation, configuration, and administration of computer systems.
- Design and implement monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions that will make a hands-off environment.
- Managing project timelines, budgets, and documentation.
- Troubleshooting technical issues and developing effective solutions.
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend maintenance.
- Preparing network analytics, data reports, and operational manuals.
- Proactively identify and resolve issues before they become critical.
- Training the team on new systems, protocols, and best practices, provide customer documentation for the Service Desk to improve first time fix rate for faults and service requests.
- Keeping abreast of the latest advancements in technology, protocols, and best practices.
- Morning and evening health checks environment checks.
- The health checks are performed on the following technology areas (Storage, Virtualization, Active Directory, Exchange, Microsoft Hyper-V, O365, Remote Desktop, VMware, Linux, VOIP etc).
- Manage and maintain the AD, GPO, DHCP, DNS, ADFS, WSUS, File share & Print Services and monitoring.
- Manage and maintain backups.
- Manage and maintain SLA on calls logged.
- Monitoring backups for errors and resolving daily.
- Manage items/tasks that need to be completed after hours.
- Performs disaster recovery operations.
- Assist with backup/restore/setup of new and existing client/staff mobile devices such as phones, tablets and laptops.
- Manage the biometrics server/service for new and existing users for clients and internally.
- Maintain inventory and Asset Registry of IT and infrastructure environment
- Testing new technologies, making recommendations to senior management for improved performance.
- Carry out special projects at senior management’s direction.
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required for IT related questions or problems.
Job Qualification & Experience:
- 5-7+ Years’ industry experience
- Implementing, troubleshooting and maintaining Hypervisor cluster environments (Hyper-V and VMWare).
- Implementing, troubleshooting and maintaining storage networks solution.
- Implementing, troubleshooting and maintaining SAN and NAS storage.
- Experience with Monitoring Tools (eg. PRTG, Cacti, Observium, The Dude, ect).
- Experience with Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu).
- Setting up VLANS and Inter VLAN Routing. (L2 and L3 networks).
- Implementing and troubleshooting Exchange 2003/ 2007/2010/2013/2016/Office365.
- Configuring and maintaining firewalls. (Cisco/Juniper/Huawei/Fortigate/Sonos).
- Implementing and troubleshooting of managed AV solutions.
- Office365 migrations and hybrid implementations.
- Office365 Sharepoint management.
- Microsoft Active Directory and Server Infrastructure.
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2019.
- SQL Server deployment/administration/querying.
- Network design/troubleshooting.
- MS Clustering.
- Valid IT/Networking Qualifications and Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools.
- Pastel knowledge to maintain and support.
- Relevant OEM certification (Huawei, Fujitsu, HP, Dell).
- Hypervisor qualification will be beneficial. (VMWare and Hyper-V).
Behavioural competency requirements:
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities with a keen attention to detail.
- Able to work in a team-oriented, collaborative and fast paced environment.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Self driven to upskill.
A national network operator that physically builds and maintains our own infrastructure in South Africa and some African countries.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Senior Systems Administrator, Sandton – Ref: 1154062-7
Senior Systems Administrator
To view our other job listings, click here