The ideal candidate: ND/ BTech Civil Eng along with minimum of 10 years’ experience within Civil Works Projects, with experience specifically pertaining to the construction of waste water treatment works.
Our client, an Environmental Engineering company in the Wastewater sector, has a 24-month fixed-term contract position available for a Senior Site Engineer to manage the site activities in accordance with the approved construction program and carry an 8(1) appointment in term of the Construction Regulations 2014, with a working knowledge of the OSH Act and Construction Regulations 2014, own transport and currently residing in Witbank or close to Witbank.
Job description / core competencies:
- Manage the site activities in accordance with the approved construction program,
- SHEQ management and enforcement,
- Carry an 8(1) appointment in term of the Construction Regulations 2014,
- Manage the quality on site in line with ISO 9001,
- Understanding the Scope of Works and manage the site activities accordingly,
- Manage the site activities in accordance with the Contract and Project Specifications,
- Manage the CLO and interactions with the local community,
- Negotiate and manage the appointment and work performed by sub-contractors, suppliers and vendors,
- Lead site meetings,
- Attend and represent at the Client’s meetings,
- Manage and record the daily site activities, actions, personnel, notable events, measurement of quantities and site conditions,
- Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, customer contact information sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all contracts,
- Inform the Project Manager in a timely manner of anything which may affect the cost or time on the project,
- Managing contract risks (vendor risks as well as project risks),
- Identify and manage suitable site administration personnel,
- Work with the Project Manager to generate monthly progress reports and presentations,
- Review, approve and issue construction drawings to the sub-contractors,
- Review and manage technical site quarries,
- Issuing of site instruction were appropriate,
- Assist with site measurements /payment certificates and facilitate payment of invoices,
- Coordinate and record the delivery of all equipment and materials to site,
- Coordinate and manage the installation and commissioning of the works,
- Coordinate training to site personnel from vendors,
- Contract close-out.
Location (country, city): Witbank
Job Qualification & Experience:
- ND/ BTech Civil Eng will be beneficial
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience within Civil Works Projects, with experience specifically pertaining to the construction of waste water treatment works.
- Other key attributes
- Technical capable,
- Focus on performing quality work within the given time frame,
- Excellent problem solver,
- Resolves conflict situations with ease,
- Team leader,
- Has a working knowledge of the OSH Act and Construction Regulations 2014,
- Computer literate (MS Office suite and MS project)
- Proficient in write technical reports,
- Has own transport,
- Is in good health (mentally and physically), to perform under pressure
- Is currently residing in Witbank or close to Witbank
Large-scale industrial company specializing in water waste treatment solutions, processes and equipment design, construction, commissioning, operation, manufacture, and maintenance of water waste treatment plants.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Senior Site Engineer, 24-month fixed-term contract – Witbank – Ref: 981728-7
Senior Site Engineer
After that To view our other job listings, click here.