Our client, a well-known provider of professional technical and construction services, currently has an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager holding a relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering with 15-20 years of experience in a similar environment (petrochemical, oil & gas) together with 3 years engineering discipline experience; an analytical problem solver able to multitask, work under tight deadlines and with frequently changing priorities.
- Communicate & interface with all engineering disciplines in development & execution of the project scope.
- Lead project kick off & progress meetings.
- Manage progress against project deliverables and provide monthly project status reports.
- Coordinate & lead interface and client meetings.
- Identify & manage all project risks.
- Identify & manage hazards / risks and mitigation around time/schedule, cost, quality and safety.
- Manage Contractors poor performance or breach of KPI’s / terms & conditions & set performance monitoring standards.
- Ensure & manage compliance of relevant legislation and codes of good practice.
- Ensure & manage compliance of contracts & advise the organisation of any relevant compliance issues.
- Adhere to and implement safety program – single client / multiple projects.
- Lead the effort of preparing proposals including execution approach.
- Prepare and present relevant project feedback to client through detailed presentation.
- Implement change control system that identifies and manages all changes to baseline requirements and conditions – project level.
- Report & lead client progress meetings.
- Liaise & provide steer to procurement & sub-contracting department regarding purchase orders & contracts.
- Liaise & provide steer to project controls department regarding budget, estimates & planning.
- Review, approve & timely issue of client invoice.
- Manage, authorise & resolve claims / disputes and change orders.
- Manage working relationships with key client & contractors.
- Develop, implement & manage improvement plan and reports status.
- Perform & facilitate project quality audits & cold eye reviews.
- Support & supervision in management of project management department.
- Assist in managing man-hour projections and resource planning.
- Adhere to national & international standards & specifications.
- Adhere to & ensure compliance of HSE policies & procedures.
- Timeous distribution of project documentation to the relevant recipients.
- Provide steer to Project Engineers.
- Full project life cycle management.
- Deliverable based man-hour estimating, planning and cost control.
- Bidding proposals & feasibility studies.
Country: South Africa
Location: Cape Town
Job Qualification & Experience:
Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering
Relevant certificate / qualification in PM
Contracts management certificate
Project Management Professional (PMP)
15 to 20 years & 3 years Engineering Discipline Experience
Petrochemicals, Oil & Gas or Similar Environment
Relevant site experience
Field experience (Construction, Commissioning, Turn-Around) <100 000 Hrs / TIC 1000 MR
Extensive knowledge of MS packages
Extensive knowledge & understanding of forms of contracts
Extensive knowledge & understanding of project controls
Knowledge of quality systems (ISO 9001/QMS)
Working knowledge of multi discipline
Knowledge & application of safety policies and procedures
Extensive knowledge of procurement & expediting
Progress reporting & scheduling
Sound knowledge of sub and prime contracts planning & administration
Extensive knowledge of relevant legislation and codes of good practice (e.g. labour legislation,
OHSA) and regulatory requirements
Extensive knowledge of risk management
Extensive knowledge of claim & dispute resolution management
Excellent written & verbal communication, interpersonal & negotiation skills
Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
Commercial acumen & technical writing ability
Maintain good ethical behaviour & practices at all times
Excellent presentation skills
Build and maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships
Team leadership & initiative
Our client is a well-known provider of professional technical and construction services.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Senior Project Manager (Petrochem) – Cape Town – Ref: 1085458-2
Senior Project Manager
To view our other job listings, click here.