A world-class Mining EPC Company has a contract position available for a Senior Piping Engineer to be based in Woodmead, occasional site visits to Botswana may be required as part of your responsibilities. The ideal incumbent will have over 10 years of piping experience in the mining industry with thorough knowledge of piping layout, pipe routing, support design, MTO control, material requisitions, bid evaluation and 3D design model reviews.
Type: Contract, 8 month duration
Start date: 1 to latest 10 October 2018, not negotiable
Reports to: Lead Piping Engineer
Key Job Summary/ Requirements:
- Senior piping engineering level.
- Mining experience required.
- Reporting to the Lead Piping Engineer, the incumbent will be responsible for execution and reporting of piping engineering activities for the project scope based in the Woodmead office. Periodic site visits may be required as part of the responsibilities.
- Over 10 years of piping engineering experience, in mining environment.
- Sound communication, negotiation, interpersonal, coordination and leadership skills. Disciplined matured, energetic, team player and determined to make things happen. Attention to detail.
- Must have thorough knowledge in piping layout, pipe routing, support design, MTO control, material requisitions, bid evaluation and 3D design model reviews.
- Responsible for all piping deliverable documents. Organize inputs for preparation of general layout, equipment layout, key plans, support design, isometrics, material take offs, pipe material specifications and material requisitions.
- Ensures effective management of change.
- Plan, organize and carry out assignments as directed.
Country: South Africa
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Senior Piping Engineer, 8-Month Contract, Johannesburg – Ref: 1066151
Senior Piping Engineer
To view our other job listings, click here.