A world-class Mining EPC Company has a contract position available for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to be based in Phalaborwa. The scope of services for this Owner’s Mechanical Engineer role is to ensure that the technical and build contractors adhere sufficiently to the project specifications. Seconded to the client organization based in Phalaborwa, the incumbent will carry out Mechanical Engineering work activities during the Detail Engineering and Execution phases of the project.
Contract position to start as soon as possible, ending on 31 May 2019.
Rate: 400 – 750 per hour
Working conditions: Various levels of environmental conditions including, but not limited to indoor office workspace and/or project worksites and vendor/client facilities which may have temporary office space, moving mechanical parts and vibration; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and extreme temperatures and high noise levels.
Other job conditions:
- The incumbent will be seconded to the Client based in Phalaborwa, Limpopo, RSA.
- The incumbent is required to travel to Phalaborwa using his/her own vehicle and the travelling time will be considered as part of working hours. The travel will be reimbursed.
- The incumbent is required to use his/her transport between the accommodation in Phalaborwa and site (estimated at 4 to 8 km per single trip).
- Suitable self-catering accommodation will be provided for the incumbent by the client.
- Normal working hours are from 07h00 to 16h00 – Monday to Thursday with a 30 minutes lunch and 07h00 to 14h00 on Fridays.
- The incumbent can work up to 45 hours per week and take off 2 days a month (unpaid) during home visits.
- Prior approval from the client is required for any overtime work.
- Per Diem of R 409.20 per night away from Johannesburg is included as part of disbursements paid as part of the incumbent’s expenses.
- A monthly site allowance of R 3000.00 per month will be paid as part of the incumbent’s expenses.
- A return flight ticket (economy class) will be provided once a month between Phalaborwa and Johannesburg (ORT Airport), including Airport transfers. Alternatively, road travel will be reimbursed. Travelling time will be considered as part of working hours.
The scope of services for this Owner’s Mechanical Engineer role is to ensure that the technical and build contractors adhere sufficiently to the project specifications. Seconded to the client organization based in Phalaborwa, the incumbent will carry out Mechanical Engineering work activities during the Detail Engineering and Execution phases of the project.
The key responsibilities for this role include the following:
- Monitor the EPC contractor’s compliance to client and South African standards.
- Perform engineering work for facilities outside the EPC contractor’s scope.
- Upgrade/update/condition earlier obtained bids to completeness.
- Participate in bid clarifications and prepare technical bid appraisals.
- Manage and oversee vendor/contractor detailed engineering documents viz.:
- Design Basis
- Basic data/documents such as PFDs, P&IDs, Water and Mass balance
- Detailed engineering drawings/data sheets and equipment sizing
- QA/QC Reports
- GA/layout drawings
- Erection / Installation procedures
- Pre-commissioning check reports
- O&M Manuals
- Provide field engineering support for construction, inspection, testing and commissioning including:
- Vendor Quality Surveillance
- Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT)
- Site Acceptance Tests (SAT)
- Pre-commissioning, Commissioning tests
- Training (Operational Readiness)
- Performance testing (guarantee)
- Defect lists
- Takeover certificates
- Plant Handover
Country: South Africa
Location: Phalaborwa, Limpopo
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Senior Mechanical Engineer, Phalaborwa (Contract Position) – Ref: 1066151-3
Senior Mechanical Engineer
To view our other job listings, click here.