Senior Mechanical Engineer for Multi-Million Rand Smelter Project required in Machadodorp.
Are you a qualified, ECSA-registered Mechanical Engineer with smelter furnace experience?
Are you experienced in project engineering, pipe work, pumping system design, feed system design, structural design, pipe stress/flow calculation, P&ID/MFD and FEA/CFD software?
Want to join forces with a reputable, medium-sized Engineering & Project Management company?
Established nearly 30 years ago, our client provides professional project management, engineering and design services.
They require a Senior Mechanical Engineer (ECSA -registered) with smelter experience to assist on a Multi-Million Rand Smelter Project in Machadodorp. This is a contract position (12-month duration).
The required expertise include: Project engineering & management / Pipe work, pumping system design / Feed system designs / Structural designs / Pipe stress and flow calculations / Understanding and formulating P&ID and MFD’s / Background in FEA and/or CFD Software an advantage.
To apply and motivate your suitability for the position, click here and
select the corresponding position title and ref. no on the drop down menu.
- B.Eng / B.Sc degree in Mechanical Engineering, Post graduate qualification an advantage
- Professional registration with ECSA
- More than 8 years’ working experience
- Knowledge / expertise on the following:
- Project engineering & management
- Pipe work, pumping system design
- Feed system designs
- Structural designs
- Pipe stress and flow calculations
- Understanding and formulating P&ID and MFD’s
- Background in FEA and/or CFD Software an advantage
- Experience in the mining and/or metals industry an advantage
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Projects management
- Client liaison
- Mechanical design
- Supervision of mechanical engineering teams
- Project scoping and scope monitoring
- Technical evaluation of tenders received
- Quality and cost control
- Contractor & contract management
- Formulating BOQ’s, P&ID’s
- Adherence to engineering standards
To view our other job listings, click here