Our client is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to provide electrical engineering support within the business. The ideal candidate for this position will be a person with sufficient maturity to command respect from those he/she deals with, whilst possessing enough energy and passion. A successful history and background in electrical engineering is required, supported by B.Eng. / B.Sc. / B. Tech in Electrical Engineering with more than 8 years’ experience in an EPCM / EPM environment doing projects ideally within the mining and minerals sector.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will produce cost effective and technically sound electrical designs within the required time frame to support project deliverables.
You will be expected to:
Project Life Cycle
▪ Ensure discipline strategy development during set-up to meet project deliverables
▪ Offer general project support and problem solving on technical matters arising
▪ Use knowledge of scope on current and recent projects to promote re-use of engineering where possible
▪ Review key discipline documentation and drawings produced on projects
▪ Develop electrical strategy and design criteria to suit the unique project/client requirements
▪ Produce regular project status reports
▪ Generate post-project feedback
▪ Review and approve cable schedules that list all cable details and lengths
▪ Generate scope of work specifications with technical requirements for each package
▪ Assist in developing, managing and controlling the discipline cost and man-hour estimates
▪ Produce discipline specific designs according to schedule and budget
▪ Maintain effective engineering input/output of design office
▪ Maintain effective inter-discipline requirements
▪ Manage and interface with clients, suppliers and contractors to meet project objectives
▪ Provide suggestions for improving internal work methods and procedures on an ad-hoc basis.
Quality and Safety
▪ Regularly review and contribute towards improvement of procedures and systems
▪ Ensure all QA procedures and guidelines are followed in all daily activities
▪ Participate in quality assurance audits
▪ Monitor vendor quality
▪ Monitor site quality
▪ Adhere to all quality and safety requirements of the company management system.
▪ Perform any other reasonable tasks as assigned by direct line manager.
Location (country, city): Johannesburg, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
8 years’ experience in the an EPCM / EPM/ environment doing projects ideally within the mining and minerals sector.
B.Eng. / B.Sc. / B. Tech in Electrical Engineering
EPCM – Innovation solutions for mining and mineral industries
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Senior Electrical Engineer, Johannesburg – Ref: 951146
Senior Electrical Engineer
To view our other job listings, click here