A future-focused technology company that specialises in manufacturing, retail, healthcare, agriculture and other companies to achieve big goals currently has an opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer with 5+ years’ experience in data engineering with a relevant Degree in Computer Science or related field. Following experience required: Big Data Suite; Hadoop / Mongo; Scripting (Python / Ruby / PowerShell / Golang); MySQL /MSSQL; Virtualisation (Azure / OpenStack / CoudFounry etc.); Linux and Windows Systems.
Primary purpose: Data Analyst with consulting experience, who communicates impeccably and can liaise with stakeholders at a senior level.
Location (country, city): East Rand
Job Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years of data engineering experience in a variety of tools and programming languages.
- Strong communication skills and interest in a pair-programming environment.
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems.
- Relevant Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Data processing and management experience.
- Familiar with specifically the Big Data Suite.
- Interface directly with clients and collaborate with our Data Scientists on engagements.
- Strong Statistical analysis and modelling.
- Understanding of database architectures.
- Experience in working with Hadoop-based technologies (e.g. MapReduce, Hive and Pig).
- Worked with SQL-based technologies (e.g. PostgreSQL and MySQL, MSSQL).
- Worked with NoSQL technologies (e.g. Cassandra and MongoDB).
- Data modelling experience.
- Experience in working with either MatLab, SAS, R, Spark etc.
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Experience in pairing programming and agile methodologies.
- Experience working directly with clients, leading projects, and mentoring engineers.
- Ability to travel to work and client offices.
- Experience in scripting and programming languages (Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Golang, etc.)
- Extensive experience working with server virtualisation (AWS, Azure, GCE, Digital Ocean, OpenStack, CloudStack, CloudFoundry, etc.)
- An eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools or tricks are needed to get the job done
- Proficiency in Linux and Windows systems (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.)
- You should love working with software development teams releasing production-ready software daily.
- Some experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity etc).
- Experience working with Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Cassandra, Mongo.
- Some experience with test automation and tools.
- Strong analytical skills, real passion for working with data and strong interest in solving data problems.
A future-focused technology company that focuses on manufacturing, retail, healthcare, agriculture and other companies to achieve big goals.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Senior Data Engineer, East Rand – Ref: 1156047
Senior Data Engineer
To view our other job listings, click here