A future-focused technology company that specialises in manufacturing, retail, healthcare, agriculture and other companies to achieve big goals currently has an opportunity for a Senior Data Analyst with 4 years of working experience as an Analyst with SQL and Python (or data mining / statistical analysis) as well as a relevant Bachelor’s Degree; experience in consumer-internet and/or web analytics will be beneficial.
The ideal incumbent will have the ability to understand the implications of data analysis, with the ability to present large data sets in a clear and compelling manner and demonstrable organizational, project management and prioritization skills.
You will work with all skill levels so you need to be an experienced consultant, someone who has worked for a technology consultancy before and understands that while we’re growing in Johannesburg, you might not be based there all the time, traveling will be required.
Job description / core competencies:
- Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports.
- Work with management team to create a prioritized list of needs for each business segment.
- Identify and recommend new ways to save money by streamlining business processes.
- Use data to create models that depict trends in the customer base and the consumer population as a whole.
- Work with departmental managers to outline the specific data needs for each business method analysis project.
- Take the needs and challenges of a client and partner with them to formulate the data delivery roadmap and project plans to support business strategies and goals.
- Execute client strategy and orchestrate the creation and sale of successful value propositions at the company and individual level.
- Manage delivery scope and risks throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Gain the confidence of the client’s business stakeholders.
- Maintain existing client relationships that yield continuing opportunities.
- Represent the user voice by analyzing data on top user issues across users support touch points (Help Desk, user feedback, live support, social media, etc.)
- Model data in order to create quantitative models to measure how support initiatives help drive user success with the product.
- Design, develop and complete analysis for regular user insights and strategic deep dives.
- Scale operation and support processes through data insights and reporting automation.
- Build consensus by facilitating broad collaboration with clear communication and documentation.
Location (country, city): East Rand
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of work experience as an Analyst using SQL and Python.
- Experience in consumer-internet and/or web analytics will be beneficial.
- Experience working directly with senior IT groups in an advisory role.
- Ability to understand the implications of data analysis.
- Effective data analysis skills in a business context, with the ability to present large data sets in a clear and compelling manner.
- Demonstrable organizational, project management and prioritization skills.
A future-focused technology company that focus on manufacturing, retail, healthcare, agriculture and other companies to achieve big goals.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Senior Data Analyst, SQL and Python – East Rand – Ref: 1156047-1
Senior Data Analyst
To view our other job listings, click here