A world-class Mining EPC Company has a contract position available for a Senior Control & Instrumentation Designer to be based in Woodmead, occasional site visits to Botswana may be required as part of your responsibilities. The ideal incumbent will have a minimum of 8 years of relevant Control & Instrumentation design experience in an EPC/EPCM environment. Experience on brown fields projects and/or projects requiring integration with existing control systems is required. Design tools include: Bently, Microstation and AutoCad.
Contract position to start as soon as possible, engine on 30 April 2019.
Key Job Summary/Requirements:
- Senior experience level with minimum 8 years of relevant Control & Instrumentation design experience in EPC/EPCM environment.
- Reporting to the Lead C&I Design Engineer, the incumbent will be responsible for all Control & Instrumentation design activities for the project scope based in the Woodmead office.
- Strong knowledge of C&I design requirements & practices through various project execution phases, preferably in the mining sector.
- Experience on brown fields projects and/or projects requiring integration with existing control systems.
- Sound communication, negotiation, interpersonal and coordination skills.
- Disciplined, mature, energetic, team player and determined to make things happen without compromising safety.
- Must be able to function well in a lean team environment, i.e. must have the flexibility to easily switch between tasks and be willing to work overtime if needed.
- May be required to travel to site (Botswana) on an as needed basis to support the engineering/design and/or construction effort.
- Relevant Technical / Engineering Diploma.
- Design Tools: Bently, Microstation and AutoCad.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare 2D Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings of advanced complexity.
- Prepare layouts and/or schematics for conceptual and detailed designs of advanced complexity.
- Check or audit of wiring drawings and loop diagrams.
- Develop and check control systems area and unit location plan drawings.
- Perform and/or check design calculations (e.g. wire sizing, conduit fill, voltage drop, junction box or panel sizing).
- Perform instrument material take-off.
- Create and check advanced complexity instrument installation details.
- Review drawings and vendor equipment documentation of advanced complexity within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution.
- Perform control systems design reviews.
- Perform field surveys.
- Other duties as assigned.
Country: South Africa
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Senior Control & Instrumentation Designer, Woodmead – Ref: 1066151-1
Senior Control & Instrumentation Designer
To view our other job listings, click here.