We are looking for an experienced, dedicated and conscientious Senior Bookkeeper with thorough knowledge of accounting and financial processes and the ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline driven, pressurized environment. Numbers must give you a thrill.
Requirements: minimum of 5 years’ experience; tertiary qualifications in accounting/finance. Internal and external auditing experience. A thorough understanding of accounting processes and procedures, and understanding finances and financial statements exceptionally well.
Thorough understanding and experience in Pastel – non-negotiable.
Job description / core competencies:
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of annual financial statements.
- Completion of statutory returns e.g., UIF/SDL/PAYE/VAT.
- Preparing monthly statutory balance sheet and income statement.
- General ledger reconciliations.
- Process journal entries to G/L – Ensure accurate entering of financial data into accounting package and ensure documents are saved correctly.
- Prepare financial reports monthly.
- Review and posting of journals.
- Assist in loading new clients on our billing system and ensure that automatic invoicing, client statements etc. are attended to monthly.
- Supervise and initiating the processing of client information cheques, receipts, sales invoices, purchase invoices.
- Able to perform bank reconciliations.
- Keeping of a fixed asset register.
- Reconcile debtors and creditors statements.
- Knowledge of reconciliations of input/output VAT to annual financial statements and monthly trial balances.
- Recording and identifying short comings in internal controls- when identified, propose possible solutions.
- Run inventory valuation reports from Pastel & match with stock holding.
- Year-end stock counts.
- Variance reporting.
- Audit trailing.
- Process cashbook allocations weekly.
- Write reports on Sage VIP, change, or implement method of calculations on VIP, use Flexi import batches to upload information to the payroll system, manual tax calculations or manual calculations to test the system is correct, in-depth knowledge on Labour and Tax Laws and Acts, Month End Tasks, Payroll Journals, and reconciliations.
- Tax Bi-Annual and Year End submissions.
- Assist in all credit and financial applications & the maintenance of these requirements / relationships.
- 3rd Party Systems for the Provident and Pension Fund. Easy File, FNB Banking System, E-Filing, U-Filing, COIDA, Stats SA. Ensuring consistency on the payroll.
- Implement and administer new software processes.
- Attend to any ad-hoc duties/projects for Financial Manager as and when required.
Job Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting/finance a must – numbers must give you a thrill.
- Internal and external auditing experience.
- A thorough understanding of accounting processes and procedures, understanding finances and financial statements exceptionally well, mild OCD is a good thing.
- Thorough understanding of Pastel – non-negotiable.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline driven, pressurised environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess excellent analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Excellent MS Excel skills.
- Possess the ability to learn and educate yourself, not relying on others to give you the answers.
- Be able to treat sensitive matters with the highest levels of confidentiality – being an ethical and honest person this should be easy for you.
- Capable of and enjoy training and up-skilling fellow colleagues as per departmental requirements, and also be eager for development and growth yourself – not a problem for a hard-working, career orientated person such as yourself.
- Be a nice person, we are nice people and want to work with similarly minded people, and possess those ‘old-fashioned’ traits, loyalty, honesty, integrity, trustworthy, reliable, etc.
- Have a valid driver’s license and own transport.
A national network operator that physically builds and maintains our own infrastructure in South Africa and some African countries.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Senior Bookkeeper – Sandton, Gauteng – Ref: 1154062-2
To view our other job listings, click here