We are currently looking for Data Engineers or experienced Programmers who have good technical expertise with the Azure and Microsoft BI Stack (T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS). Should be well versed with data structures and algorithms, and any additional skills like Oracle BI or Power BI reporting is an added advantage.
You will be responsible for delivering high-quality, modern data solutions by building, implementing and supporting BI solutions to meet market and/or client requirements. Apply knowledge of technologies, applications, methodologies, processes and tools to support a client, project or entity.
Familiar with Agile principles, SQL and document-oriented storage as well as DevOps principles and have Strong API controller design and implementation skills and significant depth of technical experience in a number of Azure services and technologies.
As part of a collaborative team and under the supervision of a head of project, you will be responsible for designing and developing software products to implement new features and support current applications.
Primary purpose: Be responsible for delivering high quality modern data solutions by building, implementing and supporting BI solutions to meet market and/or client requirements. Apply knowledge of technologies, applications, methodologies, processes and tools to support a client, project or entity.
Job description / core competencies:
- Create ER diagrams and write relational database queries.
- Create database objects and maintain referential integrity.
- Configure, deploy and maintain database.
- Participate in development and maintenance of data warehouses.
- Design, develop and deploy SSIS packages.
- Creating and deploying reports.
- Provide technical design, coding assistance to the team to accomplish the project deliverables as planned/scoped.
- Ability to talk to client and get the business requirements.
- Design, develop, and maintain data pipelines, back-end, and front-end services for reporting, monitoring, analysis, and related functions.
- Improve reliability, scalability, and efficiency.
- Data analysis to root cause telemetry, pipeline, product regressions and to provide answers to business and service operation questions.
- High-quality, well-tested, secure, and maintainable code, and continuously improve the tech stack to maximize the data engineering efficiency.
Location (country, city): Johannesburg
Job Qualification & Experience:
Qualifications and experience:
- A relevant Degree in Computer Science/Software (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience as a developer
- 5+ years of professional experience in big data analytics and distributed systems
- Microsoft certified
- Azure (All services and related technologies)
- Data Modelling
- Power BI
- Database migration from legacy systems to new solutions
- Extraction, Transformation and Loading
- Analytics development
- Report Development
- Relational database and SQL language
- Strong coding and development skills in programming languages (e.g. C#, Java, etc.) and with scripting languages (e.g., PowerShell, Python, etc.)
- Should be well versed with data structures & algorithms
- Understanding of software development lifecycle
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter, and within a team environment
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Senior Azure Data Engineer, Johannesburg – Ref: 1202510
To view our other job listings, click here