Reputable equipment manufacturing company seeks a Sales and Service Engineer with an Engineering Degree and a solid understanding of the heavy equipment manufacturing market, including trends, technologies, products and players. A minimum of three years Capital Sales Experience in an equipment manufacturing environment is required. Previous experience and exposure in the mining and related industries would be a definite advantage.
Reports to: Managing Director
Travel requirements: High level of travelling involved and availability to travel must be flexible. Irregular working hours.
- To promote and drive sales at a profitable gross margin / to promote and broaden the image and profitability of the company.
- Promote sales by technically and competently matching company offerings with the customer needs and to convince the customer of the correct solution.
- Feedback accurate information to the respective personnel to do what is required to prioritise the projects.
- Promote and build the company image in the aftermarket by offering the customer value added service by maximizing and extending his existing plant utilization and reducing life cycle running costs.
Your Job description includes but is not limited to:
- Searching for new customers who might benefit from company products or services and maximising client potential.
- Identifying and generating new leads with the aim of creating and maximising new sales.
- Developing and building on long term relationships with customers through managing and interpreting their requirements.
- Persuading a customer that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery.
- Negotiating tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both customer and company needs.
- Accurately calculating client quotations and administering customer accounts.
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education.
- Preparing reports for the Managing Director.
- Meeting sales targets.
- Coordinating sales projects, and demonstrating how a product meets customer needs.
- Liaising with other members of the sales team and other technical staff.
- Assisting in the design of custom-made products.
- Active participation in bid process and completion of all documents and other legal requirements for bid.
- Presenting new technologies and products to the customers.
- Responsible to follow up with customers for further negotiations after sale.
- Effective follow-through from sale to operations to despatch.
- Preparing sales forecasts accurately.
- Accurate completion of documentation and ensuring correctness of information on documentation.
- Meeting deadlines regarding reporting, documentation and planning.
- Attending to customer requirements, possible planned site visits and site inspections, attend to breakdowns, perform installations and commissioning if needed, assist in implementing customer service contracts, occasionally perform on-site training and provide on-going customer reassurance.
- Promote the company and its equipment and service offering with present and potential customers in the area. This will include:
- Occasionally scheduling and performing regular customer visits.
- Providing the customer with 24/7 aftersales service.
- Possibly carrying out of installations and performing hot and cold commissioning of equipment.
- Testing on-site performance of equipment and compare with required results.
- Performing thorough on-site customer equipment and customer plant inspections; preparing written summary reports highlighting critical areas and opportunities for improvement.
- Report regularly on service and customer activities. Compile and submit reports outlining your site visits. Summarize key issues, opportunities and proposed actions.
- Examine installed equipment base and provide customer with on-site advice to extend plant life and promote aftersales business.
- Secure After Sales Income by identifying and securing:
- Customer RFQs for required on-site spares and fabricated parts.
- Customer RFQs for equipment to be refurbished or repaired.
- Manage the Screen Refurbishment and Exciter Repair programme:
- Write technical reports and prepare quotes for refurbishment / repair.
- Manage the status and information relating to customer quotes for refurbishments/repairs and obtain order numbers.
- Project manage and expedite customer orders and delivery of refurbished / repaired equipment.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Degree in Engineering
- Previous experience and exposure in mining industry and related industries would be a definite advantage.
- A solid understanding of the heavy equipment manufacturing market, including trends, technologies, products and players.
- A minimum of three years Capital Sales Experience in a manufacturing equipment environment.
- Knowledge of contracts and laws of main areas of operation.
- Skills and competencies:
- Basic understanding of vibrating equipment and engineering drawings.
- Commercial understanding.
- Advanced communication skills.
- Computer literacy – MS Office.
- Must be flexible and self-reliant.
- Sound judgement ability.
- Problem solving.
- Excellent time management.
- Understanding of on – site process engineering.
- Understand drivers of customer satisfaction and strive to improve customer experiences.
- Product knowledge – new equipment / design technology.
- Ability to function independent and with responsibility.
- Follow-through ability to complete tasks.
- The ability to make sound decisions related to identified problems.
- Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas, including expert executive communication and presentation skills.
- Understand the value of best practices and apply best practises and other tools to drive business results.
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Social perceptiveness.
- Service orientated.
- Languages English, Afrikaans and an African language will be an advantage
Manufacturer and Supplier of Vibrating Screens, Decks and Feeders
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Sales Service Engineer, Manufacture and Supply of Vibrating Screens, Decks and Feeders – Boksburg – Ref: 1025845-9
Sales Service Engineer
To view our other job listings, click here