Our client, an established earth-moving/mining equipment manufacturer, is looking to build their Site Maintenance Contracts and Rental business through the appointment of a suitable leader to take the business to the next level.
Key values: Strong entrepreneurial thinking, results driven, service orientated, safety aware, ethical, ambitious, energetic, motivated, intelligent with solid customer relations capability, with a passion for providing cost effective service and safety solutions to the underground mining industry. Intimate knowledge of mobile machinery technics and commercial competence to build a strong flexible service contracting business.
Reports to: Branch Manager.
Job description / core competencies:
- Reach potential customers.
- Visiting customers to gather requirements and application of components.
- Compile and calculate all quotations and transmit approved electronic document to customer.
- Assign the tasks of preparing proposals and other technical documents that guides customers on the components.
- Responsible for solving component issues and upgrading spare parts by coordinating with product engineers.
- Provide timely responses to both internal and external customers regarding concerns, complaints and requirements.
- Ensure quality of engineering/service support to customer at sites.
- Review customer backorder reports and expedite delivery through the buying department.
- Facilitate sales growth associated with parts, upgrades and repairs at key customers.
- Willing to travel.
- Responsible for developing and implementing Spares Sales strategy.
Country: South Africa
Location: Boksburg, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Mechanical/Sales qualification.
- 3 – 7 years’ experience.
- Good understanding and knowledge of mining machines components, their applications and mechanical engineering.
- Good understanding of life cycle sales fundamentals and component operations.
- Hands on experience of component sales, mechanics and engineering.
- Possess excellent sales, communication and customer skills.
- Results orientate with strong organisational skills.
- Knowledge in the coal industry would be an advantage.
Our client prides themselves in the ability to offer a full suite of underground mining equipment of the highest international standards. Drawing on exclusive technology partnerships with several major industry leaders throughout the world, our client is able to offer the latest in cutting-edge innovation and product development to the market. Through collaboration with both the client and its international partners, our client’s engineers comprehensive, tailor-made solutions with their constantly expanding suite of mechanized mining equipment and their full range of well-established support services.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partners: Engineer Placements and MCHIR.