Are you Ready for the next step in your career? Bring your know-how, relevant degree and 5 years’ experience in either design, operations and/or sales of water/wastewater and join this leader in the industry.
Travel will be a perquisite
Primary purpose: A Sales/Process Engineer combines technical knowledge with sales skills. The emphasis of the work varies depending on the level of technical knowledge needed to sell products and services to current and potential clients. Respond effectively to client’s queries. Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships.
Clients are usually technical staff from mining and industrial organizations.
To ensure clients and their own company’s needs are met. Sales Engineer’s liaise regularly with other members of the sales team and colleagues from a range of departments, such as research, development, design, purchasing, production, and quality, as well as senior company managers on new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned. Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
Prepare SWOT analyses, action plans and schedules to identify specific target markets and to project the number of sales to be made. Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals. Assist in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed. Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts for review by management. Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events.
Key work outputs (results required): To ensure clients and their own company’s needs are met. Sales Engineers liaise regularly with other members of the sales team and colleagues from a range of departments, such as research, development, design, purchasing, production, and quality, as well as senior company managers on new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Creates and execute test project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Possesses good understanding in the areas of solid liquid separation test work.
- Able to communicate technically with company SLC members.
- Has the understanding to size solid liquid separation equipment from lab test work.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of company’s solid liquid equipment.
- Have a working knowledge of company products and application of each.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging products and their potential application.
- Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
- Understands our pricing model and billing procedures.
- Identifies business development and add-on sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
- Leads proposal efforts including completing project scoping and costing.
- Effectively conveys our message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Manages day-to-day client interaction.
- Sets and manages client expectations.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Searching for new clients who might benefit from company products or services and maximizing customer potential in designated regions.
- Select and size company’s products for individual applications in the mining, water and waste water treatment industry.
- Travelling to visit potential clients.
- Managing and interpreting customer requirements – speaking with clients to understand, anticipate and meet their needs.
- Resolve questions/problems with project specifications and/or drawings prior to bid date so that the product being bid is clear and properly sized.
- Persuading clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery.
- Calculating client quotations.
- Able to perform all functions of the Estimator.
- Negotiating tender and contract terms to meet both client and company needs.
- Negotiating and closing sales by agreeing terms and conditions.
- Offering after-sales support services.
- Administering client accounts.
- Analyzing costs and sales.
- Regularly update Sales Manager.
- Preparing reports for head office.
- Meeting regular sales targets.
- Recording and maintaining client contact data.
- Coordinating sales projects.
- Supporting marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
- Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product meets client needs.
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education.
- Liaising with other members of the sales team and other technical experts.
- Solving client problems.
- Helping in the design of custom-made products.
- Providing training and producing support material for other members of the sales team.
- Generate aftermarket sales proposals as required by prospective clients.
- Inspires co-workers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
Location (country, city): Honeydew, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- 5 years’ experience in either design/operations and or sales of water/waste water
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering and equivalent experience.
- Strong math skills.
- Understanding of chemistry and physics.
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Windows applications.
- In addition to engineering proficiency, individual must be dedicated to see projects through from their inception to closeout (years).
- Detail oriented, well organized with strong communication skills.
- Experience with AutoCAD, SolidWorks, MathCAD.
- Working knowledge of company products and process application of each.
- Familiar with reading and interpreting drawings.
- Lifting (25kg)
- Must be able to sit at workstation for computer/phone.
- Completion of defined tasks and degree to which help for Sales Managers and Group Leaders are proactively accomplished.
- Effectiveness in team environment.
- Accomplishment of individual goals.
- Congruence with corporate culture.
Leading in the industry of process solutions for water and wastewater treatment, liquids/solids separation
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Sales/Process Engineer, Honeydew – Ref: 1203465-1
To view our other job listings, click here