Our client is one of the largest paper and plastic packaging businesses in southern Africa serving a multitude of blue-chip customers; a multifaceted business which ranks among the top players in South Africa’s multi-billion-rand plastics packaging sector. A JSE-listed group with a significant national and sub-Saharan customer base.
Currently sourcing a Sales Manager to service and grow a portfolio of accounts primarily in the distributor, retail, chicken and large to medium end user accounts.
Reports to: National Sales Manager
Key Performance Areas:
- Achieving budgets and profit targets, whilst servicing and growing a portfolio of accounts primarily in the distributor, retail, chicken and large to medium end user accounts. Obtaining orders and overseeing the supply chain, also establishing new accounts by planning and organizing daily/weekly work schedule by calling on existing accounts and developing new potential sales opportunities to generate sales.
- Submitting pricing proposals in line with the company’s targets and using product literature to promote the company effectively. Ability to prepare sales presentations by studying the type of sales opportunity and presenting solutions.
- Keeps management informed by submitting weekly work plans, monthly and annual region analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Develops new products in-line with the company’s strategic intent and recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Ensure that all necessary sales presentation equipment and information are at hand at all times.
- Ensure that the current customer base is retained with customer satisfaction by monitoring all aspects of service delivery.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by involvement via trade publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Provide historical sales data with regular business reviews to major customers to manage forecasts / demand. Assist planning to ensure forecasts are accurate and managed.
- Contributes to the overall team effort by assisting and communicating on activities related to national accounts where applicable.
- Responsible for the debtors book and assists finance team as required.
- Ensures that slow moving and obsolete stock in warehouses is identified and moved within 45 days.
- Assist in the monthly/quarterly physical stock counts at consignment warehouses where required.
Level of Responsibility:
- The person will be expected to manage the functions with minimum supervision and in accordance with business objectives.
- The position is an integral part of the business and therefore the appointee will be frequently requested to assist with other matters appropriate and in support of business growth.
- Must strive to earn and maintain the respect of colleagues, clients and any third party, which supports the business.
- One should strive to obtain the optimal use of resources in order to affect profitable business. Written reports will be required on a regular basis indicating performance and areas of difficulty.
- Any other procedures, policies or structures that maybe put into effect in the future by management, will automatically become part of the basic Job description.
- Over and above aforementioned responsibilities, you will serve your customers (both internal and external) in such a way that our company objectives are met regarding quality of product and service.
- You are responsible for taking corrective and preventative action whenever necessary during the execution of your duties. Such action may involve reporting the problem to your Supervisor to ensure the proper and correct handling of the situation.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in similar position
- Experience in the Plastic Industry an advantage
- Valid driver’s licence – Involves travelling
- Computer literacy: Ms Office, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Ability to work independently
- Good timekeeping is essential
Our client is one of the largest paper and plastic packaging businesses in southern Africa, with 31 operating sites, 24 of which are manufacturing operations, based in South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique and Zimbabwe.
A leading producer of rigid plastic packaging, producing a range of plastic packaging products for a variety of industries. Products include: PET preforms, bottles, jars, closures; FMCG containers; plastic containers; styrene, PET trays, and cling film.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Sales Manager, Plastic Industry (R560 000 – R660 000 per annum), Paarl – Ref: 736660
To view our other job listings, click here.