Have you reached the ceiling in your career and looking to move into a current and established team of key account managers who are ready to offer their extensive technical experience. With over 30 years of experience as a market leader in South Africa, providing comprehensive knowledge, guidance and full integration with their business strategy, they are currently looking to recruit a high-performing Sales Manager to help develop their customer base and increase revenue growth whilst keeping the company competitive and innovative. The Sales Manager will be responsible for maximizing the sales team potential, developing sales strategies and justifying those strategies to the Directors.
Job description / core competencies:
- Achieving growth and sales objectives by successfully managing the sales team whilst evaluating current product portfolios, new products, marketing strategies, competitive conditions and market developments.
- Designing and implementing a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensures its strong presence.
- Evaluate market trends and gather competitive information, identify trends that effect current and future growth of sales and profitability.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while fully aware of new products and competition status. Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
- Set individual sales objectives with sales team
- Delegate responsibility for customer accounts to sales personnel Co-ordinate sales action plans for individual salespeople
- Oversee the activities and performance of the sales team
- Ensure sales team have the necessary resources to perform properly Monitor the achievement of sales objectives by the sales team.
- Liaise with other company functions to ensure achievement of sales objectives
- Evaluate performance of sales staff
- Motivation of sales team, provide feedback, support and coaching to the sales team
- Plan, control and direct sales team training
- Assist with the development of sales presentations and proposals
- Map potential customers and generate leads for the sales team
- Investigate lost sales and customer accounts
- Track, collate and interpret sales figures
- Prepare sales activity reports, present sales and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Formulate sales policies and procedures Prepare budgets
- Control expenses and monitor budgets
- Conduct market research and competitor and customer analysis
- Analysis of data to identify sales opportunities Develop promotional ideas and material
- Cultivate effective business relationships with executive decision makers in key accounts
Location (country, city): Edenvale, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Business degree or related professional qualification
- Minimum 15 years sales management experience
- Experience in the marketing and sales of Industrial process instrumentation and project solutions
- Financial and accounting skills (Level-financial management for non-financial managers)
- Experience in strategic sales management practices
- Proven sales growth record
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to closure
- Strong business sense and industry experience
- Highly developed creativity skills and resourcefulness to manage practices
- Experience in all aspects of planning and implementing sales strategy
- Technical sales skills
- Proven experience in customer relationship management
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Experience in managing and directing a sales team
- Strong administrative skills
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Sales Manager, Industrial Process Instrumentation and Project Solutions -Edenvale – Ref: 1026839-139
To view our other job listings, click here