Our client is looking to employ a Safety Officer with extensive experience in the construction environment (including but not limited to working at heights, deep excavations, heavy plant & machinery, pipe works, scaffold work, crane work and lifting etc.) to work on a project in Witbank
Ideal candidate will have National Diploma in Safety Management / B. Tech in Safety Management / B. Com Operational Risk Management / SAMTRAC diploma and be Registered with the SACPCMP. Completed Legal Liability Training. Competence – Fall arrest and working on heights.
Experience: Minimum of 8 years’ experience within Civil Construction Work Projects, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in working for a Civil Construction Contractor or Consultant.
Type: 12-month contract
Job description / core competencies:
- SHEQ Management and enforcement,
- Carry an 8(5) appointment in term of the Construction Regulations 2014,
- Ensure that the site safety file is kept up to date and compliant to the applicable Acts and Regulations,
- Ensure that the safety files of all sub-contractors, suppliers and vendors are in line with the project safety requirements,
- Ensure that the work performed by sub-contractors, suppliers and vendors are in line with the project safety requirements,
- Conduct safety audits on sub-contractors, suppliers and vendors
- Attend and represent at the Client’s safety meetings,
- Manage and record the daily site activities, actions, personnel and notable events
- Maintain the site SHEQ records and documentation on a daily basis,
- Managing contract risks (vendor risks as well as project risks),
- Work with the Project Manager to generate monthly safety reports and presentations,
- Conduct weekly safety inspections & monthly audits and ensure the close out of any findings timeously,
- Review and manage SHEQ related queries,
- Ensure that all visitors to the site comply to the health, safety and environmental requirements,
- Perform SHEQ inductions for anyone who goes to site,
- Ensure that the site complies to the requirements a set out in the OSH Act and Construction Regulations 2014, & Mine Health & safety Act.
- Report to the Construction Manager and the Group Safety, Health & Environmental Manager,
- May take on additional roles and responsibilities, but their primary job will be to create a safer construction site.
Location (country, city): Emalahleni, Mpumalanga
Job Qualification & Experience:
- National Diploma in Safety Management / B. Tech in Safety Management / B. Com Operational Risk Management / SAMTRAC diploma and
- Registered with the SACPCMP
- Completed Legal Liability Training
- Competence – Fall arrest and working on heights
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience within Civil Construction Work Projects, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in working for a Civil Construction Contractor or Consultant.
- Extensive experience in construction environment (incl but not limited to: working at heights, deep excavations, heavy plant & machinery, pipe works, scaffold work, crane work and lifting etc.)
- References are essential
- Conduct incident investigations,
- Risk management & control
- Knowledge of mobile equipment safety and compliance,
- Knowledge of lifting equipment safety and compliance,
- Knowledge ISO 14001 – Environmental
- Knowledge – ISO 45001 Safety
Other key attributes
- Technical capabilities,
- Can focus and perform well under pressure,
- Excellent problem solver,
- Ability to multi-task and undertake both administrative activities & on-site works,
- Proactive approach to safety related matters,
- Resolves conflict situations with ease,
- Has a working knowledge of the OSH Act and Construction Regulations 2014 & Mine health & safety Act.
- Computer literate (MS Office suite and MS project)
- Has own transport,
- Is in good health (mentally and physically), to perform well under pressure and fit to be onsite for prolonged periods.
- Hands-on & a people person
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Safety Officer (12-Month Contract), Construction/Wastewater – Emalahleni – Ref: 981728-32
To view our other job listings, click here