Having been in operation for almost a century our client has grown from a local refiner to a globally recognised precious metals leader. They received global accreditation and international referee status. They enjoy exceptional long-term loyalty from their people – their family; all with outstanding talent and immense experience.
Our client is currently sourcing a Reliability Specialist with a National Diploma in Electrical/Instrumentation Engineering and up to 5 years of experience in the maintenance of computerised maintenance management systems and the implementation of maintenance strategies to be responsible for designing and managing the implementation of planned maintenance programmes for a specific business unit, in line with optimising Plant OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness). Arc furnace, PLC, Scada, electrolysis cells, electrical moving equipment, etc. experience will be a definite advantage.
Primary purpose: Responsible for designing and managing the implementation of planned maintenance programmes for a specific business unit, in line with optimising Plant OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness). The role holder will provide and implement control systems and policies whilst optimising the interface between the maintenance unit and the customers.
Job description / core competencies:
- Communicated performance against accurate standards & budgets for plant shop-floor management.
- Provides timeous and accurate cost recovery reports.
- Reports on material yields & waste.
- Assists in undertaking cost improvement studies to identify root cause of issues relating to reliability, waste and efficiencies.
- Compilation of own PDP in conjunction with line manager and attend training interventions as per approved PDP.
- Performance management of Predictive Asset Care and OEM Vendors.
- Assess manpower requirements of maintenance plans.
- Provides expertise to all departments through the preparation, checking and maintenance of departmental reporting systems.
- Drives timeous and accurate reporting, together with recommended action plans to Plant management studies and projects assigned to the department regarding any and all aspects of the plant operation.
- Drives projects in order to ensure OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) deliverables, which includes continuous improvement projects to improve OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) indices.
- Participate in Risk Assessments based on external and internal influences.
- Facilitate incident investigations.
- Facilitate FMECA (Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis) and Risk analysis on new plant equipment.
- Review the FMECA (Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis) and Risk analysis on existing plant equipment on an annual basis.
- Proactively seek ways of improving equipment reliability, planned maintenance and physical maintenance in the plant.
- Initiate task list reviews.
- Develop maintenance plans (frequencies, maintainable items).
- Initiate plan review and review maintenance plans.
- Perform Pareto analysis, correlation analysis and report top 5 chronic losses.
- Recommend best solutions to problems through the change management process.
- Facilitate RCFA (Root Cause Failure Analysis) workshops.
- Maintain RCFA (Root Cause Failure Analysis) action tracker.
- Monitor recurring failures related to implemented RCFA (Root Cause Failure Analysis) actions (KPI until close out).
- Track CBM (Condition Based Maintenance) results.
- Analyse equipment failure history.
- Log equipment problems identified for further action.
- Develop a list of clear problem statements and business cases for problems requiring RCFA (Root Cause Failure Analysis).
- Develop, maintain and monitor adherence to maintenance standards and specifications.
- Advise in building reliability and maintainability in the design of new or modified equipment.
- Ensure sustained FLAC (Fluids, Lubricants, Air and Coolants) improvements.
- Analyse alternative solutions and recommend best solution/s.
- Implements methods used in conducting various studies (i.e. filler capability, waste reduction, productivity, capital expenditure, justifications, etc.)
- Monitor and share company-wide similarities / learning opportunities.
- Monitor and advertise latest maintenance and technology developments.
- Complies with and ensures that all health and safety rules are met and acts pro-actively by addressing any safety concerns which may be harmful to self or other employees.
- Participate in formal SHEQ Audits.
- Ensure compliance with FRCPs.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Preference will be given to a candidate that is in possession of a completed matric qualification and a completed National Diploma in Electrical or Instrumentation.
- Preference will be given to a candidate that has up to 5 years working experience.
- Experienced in maintaining a Computerised Maintenance Management System is essential.
- Proof of experience in implementing maintenance strategies is essential.
- Additional experience and qualifications above the minimum requirements will be to the applicant’s advantage.
- MS Office Package – Proficiency in Excel, MS Project and SAP is essential
- Report writing
- Data analysis
- Failure Modes Effects Analysis and Root Cause Failure Analysis methodology
- Focus on results through quality and safety awareness, managing work, planning and organising, decision making and customer focus.
- Express potential through adaptability, applied learning, initiating action, innovation, impact and work standards.
- Interact effectively through communication at all levels, building relationships, negotiation and gaining commitment.
- Achieve goals by aligning performance for success, developing others, facilitating change, monitoring information, inspiring others and follow up.
Having been in operation for almost a century our client has grown from a local refiner to a globally recognised precious metals leader. They received global accreditation and international referee status.
They enjoy exceptional long-term loyalty from their people – their family; all with outstanding talent and immense experience.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Reliability Specialist (Electrical/Instrumentation), Germiston – Ref: 634872-35
To view our other job listings, click here