If you are a strong leader with people management experience, advanced computer literacy (MS Excel/Data Management, GIS, etc.) and administrative experience, this might be of interest.
Have you ever considered farm life? Are you passionate about the future of agriculture? Do you want to be part of a team that is setting the pace with the implementation of technology and ground-breaking work in the out-grower environment? Have you ever considered working in Africa? If you answered yes to any of the above I urge you to apply now.
The Regional Operations Manager will be allocated a strategic development out-grower region – which is being actively developed at about 1500 hectares per year and currently produces around 400 tonnes of sugar per day – and will ensure the effective roll out, implementation, support and management of the designated Regional Management Unit.
The main focus of this role is to ensure strict compliance to administrative policies and procedures (data management) and the achievement of cane development targets in a complex out-grower environment (80%), rather than simple farm management (20%).
Type: Contract (2 years, renewable)
Reports to: Agricultural Manager
Reporting, total staff compliment: Direct 25-30, indirect 200
Primary purpose: To ensure the effective roll out, implementation, support and management of the designated Regional Management Unit; to ensure compliance to administrative policies and procedures and the achievement of cane development targets in a complex out grower environment.
- Maintain field data of areas harvested and developed to ensure reliability of information for decision-making.
- Produce and deliver quality cane through coordination and management.
- Follow up the harvest planning to meet the mills’ required daily rate of delivery from each region.
- Ensure cane development planning and execution to meet the mill’s required milling capacity.
- Ensure ratoon management services are delivered by the regional staff to support sustained yield performance.
- Identify and coordinate training needs.
- Responsible for the health and safety of the department, ensuring implementation and adherence to the company’s safety procedure.
Location: Western Kenya
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant tertiary degree.
- Advanced computer literacy and strong administrative skills.
- Management experience.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Operationally astute and proactive attitude.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience in a large agricultural corporation and/or knowledge of cane out-grower management will be an advantage.
Ideally located in Western Kenya, our client is a leading sugar milling operation that benefits from high and reliable rainfall year-round and some of the most fertile soils in Kenya. Through ground breaking work and the use of technology, sustained progress is made in the out-grower environment, putting them ahead of the game and cementing the future of agriculture in Africa.
Cane is 100% supplied by the out growers of the region and with a dedicated support team our client regularly interacts with the out-grower community to immediately address matters arising; these meetings have mutually enriched their relationship to help forge a close and transparent approach with the out growers. Planters’ relations provided include irrigation, fertilization, harvesting and transportation facilities. Several regional offices have been created to work closely with local farming communities in order to facilitate the out growers’ work and to secure the supply of cane to the factory. In addition, significant investments have been made in road infrastructure and maintenance in parallel with the factory’s expansion that has led to the region’s development, targeting access to water, healthcare, education and infrastructure improvements.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Regional Operations Manager (Agricultural Data Management and Analysis), Kenya – Ref: 737206-8
Regional Operations Manager
To view our other job listings, click here.