We are looking to employee a new Site Supervisor. Because our industry is so specialised only people with 5 years or more refractory supervisory experience will be considered. The person must be willing to get their hands dirty and be hands-on with the planning and execution of the work at hand. This person will be reporting to the Installations Manager, but can also be required to report to one of the Senior Supervisors on site. This position will be based in Cape Town and it will be permanent.
Reports to: Installations Manager
Location (country, city): based in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town but with frequent national/international travel
Job Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Basic computer skills: MS word, Xcel, Outlook and MS projects will help
- 5 years on site experience of running crews and small refractory projects.
- Must be able to read technical drawings
- Must be willing to work under pressure
- Must be a team player with respect for their fellow employees.
- Sober habits
- Must pass an annual medical and drug test
- Must pass police clearance
- Experience of planning and executing projects.
- Must be able to work on his/her own with little supervision
- Must be willing to work away from home for extended periods and outside of SA
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be hands on and must be technical minded
- Knowledge of industrial health and safety
- Knowledge of QC or understanding of QC systems
- Must have knowledge of refractory casting, guniting, brickwork and ceramic fibre installations.
- Knowledge of petrochemical refineries and the cement industry will count in your favour.
- Knowledge of rotary kiln installation, brick combustion chambers, intricate casting work.
- Contactable references.
- Certifications to be provided.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Refractory Site Supervisor, based in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town but with frequent national/international travel – Ref: 1202658-3
Refractory Site Supervisor
To view our other job listings, click here