We are looking to employee a new Quality Controller/Quality Assessor. This position will be based in Cape Town and it will be permanent. The ideal incumbent will have at least 2 years’ experience in on-site quality control, preferably in refractory, and willing to travel outside of the Cape Town area and staying away from home for 2 to 4 weeks at a time.
Reports to: Installations Manager
Location (country, city): Northern Suburbs of Cape Town
Job Qualification & Experience:
• Must have strong technical background
• Must have 2 years’ experience in on-site quality control, probably in refractory
• Must have code 8 or EB driver’s license
• Must be computer literate with good knowledge of MS Office
• Must be willing to work long hours if needed for example on shutdowns.
• Must be willing to travel outside of the Cape Town area and stay away from home for 2 to 4 weeks
• The person must be a go-getter and have a healthy appetite to learn and build a career in the refractory industry.
• Compile a QCP from scratch for the different installations
• Compile a final QC pack to be submitted to clients
• Must be able to assist supervisor on specific jobs
• Willing to travel outside South Africa if so required
• Must have a good understanding of heavy industry
The following will count in your favour:
• Having in-depth knowledge of the different refractory disciplines
• Experience in refractory
• Compile reports on refractory failures and compile a repair instruction
• Knowledge of ISO quality systems
• Completion of refractory training
• Knowledge of the Petrochemical industry
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Refractory Quality Controller, based in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town – Ref: 1202658-4
Refractory Quality Controller
To view our other job listings, click here